Graphics
Intel HD4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have GA-Z77-DS3H mono with 3570k and onboard graphics working on 10.8.4. I am trying out a Maverick install on separate SSD, but I am running into an issue. When I load up maverick installer the screen goes black for a few sec, it flashes the apple loading screen briefly and then resets. I have tried all the boot commands and nothing works. I also have mountain lion installer on thumb drive in separate partition and that one boots up fine with no issues to installer.

Anything to try?

Try to boot with these flags:

GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 -v

Please post a result...

I ran into the same issue and booting with

Code:
GraphicsEnabler=Yes

solved it for me. Hope this helps.

ps. Did you use Unibeast to create the installer?

Try to boot with these flags:

GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 -v

Please post a result...

Tried this, doesn't hang on anything but flash is gone on apple screen. However it just resets like before

- - - Updated - - -

I ran into the same issue and booting with

Code:
GraphicsEnabler=Yes

solved it for me. Hope this helps.

ps. Did you use Unibeast to create the installer?

Didn't work, and yes Unibeast 3.0

This might be a trivial question but are you booting from the USB drive?

The bootloader in the video doesn't look like the newest version that comes with Unibeast 3.

Try booting from the USB and then selecting the Mavericks install with the mentioned bootflags.

This might be a trivial question but are you booting from the USB drive?

The bootloader in the video doesn't look like the newest version that comes with Unibeast 3.

Try booting from the USB and then selecting the Mavericks install with the mentioned bootflags.

Somewhere in between I started booting off old bootloader. So I unplugged my 10.8.4 hackintosh SSD, my HDD storage, Bluray Drive. I went back to usb keyboard/mouse instead of bluetooth. I tried plugging USB into old 2.0 slots and 3.0 slots. I am still getting the same issue. I ordered a new 8GB flash drive and going to try that in a few days.

Oh and I reset bios to optimized and only switched to AHCI, internal graphics, and 64m settings that are required.

Somewhere in between I started booting off old bootloader. So I unplugged my 10.8.4 hackintosh SSD, my HDD storage, Bluray Drive. I went back to usb keyboard/mouse instead of bluetooth. I tried plugging USB into old 2.0 slots and 3.0 slots. I am still getting the same issue. I ordered a new 8GB flash drive and going to try that in a few days.

Oh and I reset bios to optimized and only switched to AHCI, internal graphics, and 64m settings that are required.

All fixed. I had 64gb flash drive with another old mountain lion partition unibeast. I reformatted the drive and it booted up easy without flags!

Now I can't get sleep working and I hear there are usb 3.0 issues with my mobo but I havent tested that yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back