Contribute
Register

i5 2500k, Z68AP-D3, Radeon HD 6870 (first build)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
OS X 10.7.2
CPU
i5 2500k
Graphics
Radeon HD 6950
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys, I've been browsing this forum for quite some time now and since I am getting close to building my first Hackintosh I am wondering about this build! :)

Gigabyte GA Z68AP-D3
Intel Core i5 2500k
Gigabyte Radeon HD6870 1024MB OC Windforce
Corsair 8GB (2x4096MB) CL9 1600Mhz VENGEANCE BLUE
OCZ ModXStream PRO 600W

I'm wondering if this is a good build overall?
I went with this MB because it's quite "budget" but still doesn't lose that many features. Or does it?
I went with i5 since I will mostly be gaming and i7 with HT is a bit overkill for what is needed nowadays. And even if I would be getting an i7 the increase in performance is marginal. Or is it?
I also went with the Radeon HD 6870 since I find it to score quite high on the benchmarks and has a nice pricetag on it.
8GB RAM is just about right since I read a bunch of 8GB vs. 16GB threads/topics on other forums and I decided that 8GBs was more than enough for me. Again will mostly game on my comp.
Lastly on my specs is that PSU, will it be enough to power this system?

This is my full list, do note it's a Swedish site but shouldn't matter a lot. http://www.inet.se/kundvagn/visa/926945/2011-09-28

I've still not chosen any hardrives or optical drives since I have some from my old computer which I think might work. Other than that, I'm thinking of getting a small SSD just for the OS.

My main concerns are that something will act as a bottleneck for something else, should I be concerned? And since I haven't read a lot on PSUs will mine have enough pin cables to power everything and so on? Thanks a lot guys!

Look at my signature...Flawless Lion install,no tweaks needed for my gpu,the only thing i didn't solved yet is rear output audio,i'm on f4 bios+f4 dsdt

alex_tzardea said:
Look at my signature...Flawless Lion install,no tweaks needed for my gpu,the only thing i didn't solved yet is rear output audio,i'm on f4 bios+f4 dsdt

can you sleep ok? wake on mouse/keyboard/power button?

what about speedstep? got that working?

Sleep working as native,wake on keyboard,mouse,power button working.
haven't tested SpeedStep yet,but they say it's working!
I also have AirDrop(WiFi and cable :thumbup: ) and TRIM support on my SSD :thumbup:
All other things working,FaceTime,iCloud ecc

Hey, OP here. How is this rig suited for gaming in Windows? :) How far can you push that 6870? :)

Have you maybe overclocked that GPU? How did that work with that mobo?

Didn't (yet) overclocked the GPU as i'm a CoD 4 player and i do 333 fps with all graphics@max :thumbup:
Other games i tried...Dirt 2,Battlefield 3,Modern Warfare 2,GTA IV,my system handles them very well,i'm very satisfied...
Of course,i will begin overclocking,but for now i'm good :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back