Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Samsung Series 7 Chronos
CPU
i7 3615QM
Graphics
HD 4000
I just got a great deal on a second P55A-UD4P + i3 540 on another forum. I'm just wondering which way to go in terms of installing. Do I just go with iBoot + Multibeast or do I do the whole Darwin kernel 10.3.1 method? I'm putting this together on the weekend, and while I don't mind having to go through 100+ installations (lol), I figured I'd at least get some opinions on this.

Btw, for anyone who reads this. Is anyone running a GTX 260 192 core?
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2122

Re: i3-540 + P55 Which way to go?

Jocelyn84 said:
I just got a great deal on a second P55A-UD4P + i3 540 on another forum. I'm just wondering which way to go in terms of installing. Do I just go with iBoot + Multibeast or do I do the whole Darwin kernel 10.3.1 method? I'm putting this together on the weekend, and while I don't mind having to go through 100+ installations (lol), I figured I'd at least get some opinions on this.

Had confirmation of the i3 540 running on the 10.3.1 Vanilla kernel. Use iBoot Supported when you get it together- and then you can just copy the kernel off of that iso when you're done ;)

tonymacx86 said:
Jocelyn84 said:

Had confirmation of the i3 540 running on the 10.3.1 Vanilla kernel. Use iBoot Supported when you get it together- and then you can just copy the kernel off of that iso when you're done ;)

Gawd I really must have not been awake when I posted this rofl!
Thanks Tony!

Anyone using a GTX 260 192 core? >.>

Do I use gigabeast or easybeast with i3 540 + P55A-UD4P??
My guess is Gigabeast, but I just wanted to make sure.

Thanks Macman So if I just install 10.6.3, install Gigabeast, then replace Kernal from iBoot supported, I should be fine right?

I'm getting kernel packet after chameleon with imac and Mac pro 4,1 smbios.plists. Any suggestions? :)

This is after installation, 10.6.3 update, Gigabeast, and 10.3.1 kernal.

I wound up using the original Kernel back from October along with putting busratio=23 in my boot.plist, and it looks like I'm good to go. I guess Kernel 10.3.1 won't work for P55 boards.

Jocelyn84 said:
I wound up using the original Kernel back from October along with putting busratio=23 in my boot.plist, and it looks like I'm good to go. I guess Kernel 10.3.1 won't work for P55 boards.

I've run the 10.3.1 kernel with my board- it should be compatible with yours. Hmm.. :think: :problem:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back