Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H87M-HD3
CPU
Intel Core i3-4130
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4400
I already have 10.13.6, shall I update to Mojave, will it work well with my hardware?

I already have 10.13.6, shall I update to Mojave, will it work well with my hardware?

• Your listed Hardware can stand upgrade from current macOSHigh Sierra 10.13.6 to Mojave 10.14.X [including the current 10.14.4].

• You need to first update your Clover EFI in the EFI Folder of EFI partition of your current macOS High Sierra System disk to the latest.
  • Before running the downloaded Clover EFI, keep a copy of your Current EFI/EFI/CLOVER on the current Desktop and for added insurance on a Flash disk just in case something goes wrong and you want to use the current EFI.
    • The contents of CLOVER/kexts/Other and CLOVER/drivers64UEFI as well as CLOVER/config.plist are very important for a successful boot.
  • After CLOVER EFI update on the current macOSHigh Sierra, open its CLOVER and check its kexts/Other , drivers64UEFI and config.plist to make sure you have identical contents; if they are different, you could have boot problem after Mojave update .
  • I also suggest making a Clone of your current macOS High Sierra System Disk just in case you make any errors during upgrade and loose your original working macOS High Sierra, you can easily go back to it from the Cloned Disk.
  • During upgrade to macOSMojave, make sure your BIOS options you had chosen for successfully booting macOS High Sierra has not changed.
  • During upgrade make sure your Boot Args include Verbose mode (-v boot flag) and take screen shots and if there are problems needing Forum help, attach verbose boot screens to get better informed suggestions.

• Your listed Hardware can stand upgrade from current macOSHigh Sierra 10.13.6 to Mojave 10.14.X [including the current 10.14.4].

• You need to first update your Clover EFI in the EFI Folder of EFI partition of your current macOS High Sierra System disk to the latest.
  • Before running the downloaded Clover EFI, keep a copy of your Current EFI/EFI/CLOVER on the current Desktop and for added insurance on a Flash disk just in case something goes wrong and you want to use the current EFI.
    • The contents of CLOVER/kexts/Other and CLOVER/drivers64UEFI as well as CLOVER/config.plist are very important for a successful boot.
  • After CLOVER EFI update on the current macOSHigh Sierra, open its CLOVER and check its kexts/Other , drivers64UEFI and config.plist to make sure you have identical contents; if they are different, you could have boot problem after Mojave update .
  • I also suggest making a Clone of your current macOS High Sierra System Disk just in case you make any errors during upgrade and loose your original working macOS High Sierra, you can easily go back to it from the Cloned Disk.
  • During upgrade to macOSMojave, make sure your BIOS options you had chosen for successfully booting macOS High Sierra has not changed.
  • During upgrade make sure your Boot Args include Verbose mode (-v boot flag) and take screen shots and if there are problems needing Forum help, attach verbose boot screens to get better informed suggestions.

Your answer is BEAUTIFUL!!! Thanks!

By the way, does is matter to install RehabMan if i already have clover original?
If I want to chage some drives in this process, what should I do? Is there any how-to links?(I want to chage voodooHDA to appleHDA)

Your answer is BEAUTIFUL!!! Thanks!

By the way, does is matter to install RehabMan if i already have clover original?
If I want to chage some drives in this process, what should I do? Is there any how-to links?(I want to chage voodooHDA to appleHDA)

• RehabMan's modified Clover.EFI is a touch better than the Clover EFI from SourceForge.Net in my personal opinion. However, you may use whichever you prefer.
  • To change drivers, you have to download kexts through Internet Search (Google) . Tonymac has a good collection of kexts :https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/categories/kexts.11/
  • I add essential kexts to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other of the Installer USB disk and later to the System Disk's EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.
  • I remove all the numbered empty kexts folders from CLOVER/kexts leaving ONLY "Other" with the essential kexts like FakeSMC+Ethernet+Lilu+WhateverGreen+AppleAlc+ USBInjectAll+XHCI unsupported as those empty kexts folders have no useful function and are just the relics of prior version of OS X/macOS. CLOVER loads the kexts from Other.
  • I edit the Other Folder of both the USB Installer and MacOS System Hard disk before I launch them to make sure I have a good chance for a successful boot with the respective disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back