Contribute
Register

i3 3,4 Ghz with 240 GT and 8GB Ram - only 4500 in Geekbench?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,
I suspect my Hackintosh is not running as it should. The specs are

Core i3 3,4 Ghz
Geforce 240 GT
8 GB Kingston Ram

Why am I only getting 4500 in Geekbench (32-bit) - I just build an i7 that scores 10,500, so I suspect something is wrong with my first Hack? Overall it is quite slow even from a clean boot.

Well, the i7 does have double the cores running at more than the same frequency (when turbo boost kicks in). Also, if the i3 is the older architecture, maybe the score isn't far from the truth. Do you have an SSD - does Geekbench even include disk drives? I must say though that my i7 2700k w/16GB scores 12001, and your score of 4500 strikes me as very low - is the graphics card fully supported?

David

As far as I know geekbench only tests the CPU and ram. What are your individual stats from geekbench? (Integer, Floating point, etc.)

Section Description Score Geekbench Score
Geekbench 2.2.0 for Mac OS X x86 (32-bit)
Integer Processor integer performance 4136 5328
Floating Point Processor floating point performance 7925
Memory Memory performance 3661
Stream Memory bandwidth performance 3745

Well one thing to check is whether your memory is in dual channel mode and if it's running at its highest frequency. With my system, all I had to do was enable XMP, your ram may or may not support this but your mobo does for sure.

Morshu said:
Well one thing to check is whether your memory is in dual channel mode and if it's running at its highest frequency. With my system, all I had to do was enable XMP, your ram may or may not support this but your mobo does for sure.

How do I do this? Is it in the Bios or?

Yeah, it's in the bios. Check the MIT and go to advanced memory settings and enable XMP. I think mine was Profile1. Just making sure, this is the i3 2130 we're talking about, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back