Contribute
Register

i3 2100 (HD2000) + Sapphire 5570 1GB PCIe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Motherboard OR System make and model names > See Rules!
CPU
i7-860
Graphics
GTS 250
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys,

It is my own fault as I did not take my time when purchasing the parts for my build.

I have ended up with the wrong CPU.

I purchased a i3 2100 CPU and after 12 hours of attempting a Unibeast 10.7.2 install method, I realised the onboard HD2000 Graphics was stopping me from booting past Chameleon to continue with the setup process after the initial install.

So I have sourced a Sapphire 5570 and I should have it by end of the week.

I know the chip I have is not ideal but does anyone have any experience using it along side the Sapphire HD5570 ? I will not be using the onboard Graphics at all once this Sapphire 5570 arrives.

Currently without it, I succeed in installing Lion 10.7.2 via Unibeast method, but after the initial restart and once I boot passed Chameleon I end up with a flash of the Blue Desktop then back to Apple Logo with no spinning wheel but instead a High Res cursor that I can move around with my mouse. No combination of boot commands gets me past this point. After 12 hours I realised it was because the i3 2100 has HD2000 integrated graphics and as stated many times within this forum community, the HD2000 integrated graphics controller is not supported.

Thanks for reading even if you do not have an answer for me ? :)

Hi MusicalChairs,

How did the new graphics card go?

I have and i3 2100 so will need to purchase a card as well.

Cheers

Hey mate,

See here - viewtopic.php?f=16&t=42363

OSX is not capable of outputting DTS HD Master Audio or Dolby TrueHD Lossless but it will output these formats as 5.1 DTS or 5.1 Dolby.

I ended up installing WIN7 on another partition and running XBMC for a true Home Theatre PC.

Have fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back