ati 6670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

So after a week of googling, trying differen't things, I cannot shake this AppleIntelPM KP problem (image attached).

I have tried all the following steps with a PMPatched 3603 bios and patched 3603 bios from bios repo:

1) Install Mavericks - No problems here at any point. All my problems happen post Multibeast, I can always boot from the USB drive without issue install I do the multibeast setup and install Chimera, then things get fun.

2) Created a DSDT with Generic Asus sandybridge i7 (No PJAM for asus p8z68 vpro/gen3) and Toleda HDMI. Did this by installing mavericks, reboot with DSDT=null and follow steps at http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/107723-how-create-your-own-dsdt-using-maciasl.html to the T.

3) Use Multibeast with standard UserDSDT settings, but adding sandybridge i7 ssdt and removing Generatecpustates boot option and add DropSSDT=Yes

4) Used Kext Wizard to fix perms and rebuild cache

5) Restarted and get KP, every time without fail.

NOW, if it use the install USB and put NullCPUPM into the System/library/extensions folder, rebuild perms and cache, and reboot. Machine starts right up, but Intel's power gadget tools shows the current frequency to ALWAYS be at 3.4, but yet, the power voltage goes up and down as expected under load? DCPI managers shows cstate 34 all the time.

This happens whether I choose to use a DSDT or not, whether I use the multibeast SSDT or not, pretty much I have literally tried every combination of things, and the only consistent thing is that if I remote NUllCPU, I get the same KP, if put it back, no KP.

Also tried Easybeast, still didn't help.

Am I missing something? Is there a BIOS setting I have to tweak once I load the patched version? The KP is ALWAYS PMLock: waited forever.

I have also tried using UseKernelCache=No with and without DSDT and with or without SSDT from multibeast, thinking MAYBE I forgot to do something. Still KP unless NullCPU is used.

I should note I have also tried a patched AppleIntelPM for 10.9, with/without DSDT, with/without/SSDT.

I don't like to ask for help unless I have exhausted all options, but almost no one had my motherboard model when trying to install mavericks from my googling.

I have tried dozens and dozens of combinations, each using a fresh install, so chances are if you ask, did you do with DSDT but without multibeast SSDT, or viceversa, I have probably done it.

I am going to take a break from this unless someone responds, because it has been nothing but a headache, but has drastically improved since Snow Leopard.

Attachments

• IMG_20131119_213435.jpg
    IMG_20131119_213435.jpg
    496.4 KB · Views: 216
Bump

Anyone? Still can't get past this.

I had a similar problem with my sandy bridge 2700k and P8Z77-V mobo...

Asus mobos are difficult with these osx installations, and combined it with a sandy bridge processor = :banghead:

I spent hours and hours and days and days of research and intallation combinations of mavericks and finally have my beasts of a Hackintosh running without the kernel panics..

I know how this frustration feels so I'm willing to help

If you still need some help reply back this this thread so I don't waste my time explaining the long process I did if you already figured it out... :thumbup:

I have the same issue but a different motherboard, was this ever solved?

I have the same issue but a different motherboard, was this ever solved?

What's your system and if the mobo flashed with modified bios?

P8P67 Deluxe with a flashed BIOS. However, I figured out that this is a graphics problem. My Radeon 6870 and a Radeon 7850 I borrowed both cause the pmLock error. I recently borrowed my roommates GTX 660 and I haven't had a problem with it at all. So if all else fails, I'll be buying a Nvidia card.

As far as I know you shouldn't need to use a DSDT file with the P8Z68-v Pro/Gen 3 because it has an UEFI BIOS. That may be what's causing your problems.

I'm getting ready to do my own Hackintosh using this board and a Sandy Bridge i7 2600K processor. The only step I plan on taking with my MB is to patch the BIOS using a modified v3603 ROM file. What's holding me up atm is finding a way to flash it without using ASUS's flashing software. One was recommended but I can't seem to find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back