Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys, before I begin, thank you so much for all the help! But I need more.

Okay, so I was able to successfully install Snow Leopard on me system:

Asus Rampage Formula III
Intel i7 980 6-Core
4GB DDR3 GSKILL PC12800/ ( I will add the rest of the ram after the system is fully stable)
EVGA NVIDIA GTX570
DVDROM Drive
120 GB SSD SataIII
600GB WD Raptor Drive 10000 RPM

First of all, the display is at the wrong resolution. The audio has noise coming through the speakers. I don't think all the drivers and chipsets were installed with Multibeast. I followed directions and I found someone with a custom DSDT: http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=7407 and I put that extras folder on my desktop and used USERDSDT with multibeast. I don't think it changed anything though. Am I doing anything wrong? I was thinking of upgrading to LION because a lot of what http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=7407 < this guy did is not in multibeast. Maybe he used a older or newer version of Multi. Will installing LION and the new multibeast help at all? What do I have to code or install or do to make it stable run-able? I am using this machine for video editing. I also have 2 screens but only one works at the moment. I am guessing because of no appropriate display driver.

Thanks in advance.

Drag the DSDT file out of the /Extra folder you downloaded and put it on your desktop. It has to be on your desktop for MultiBeast UserDSDT to see it.
Once you have run MultiBeast and rebooted, check your /Extra folder - there should be a DSDT.aml file there. You can now compare the /Extra folder you downloaded and your own and see how they differ.

Going Bald said:
Drag the DSDT file out of the /Extra folder you downloaded and put it on your desktop. It has to be on your desktop for MultiBeast UserDSDT to see it.
Once you have run MultiBeast and rebooted, check your /Extra folder - there should be a DSDT.aml file there. You can now compare the /Extra folder you downloaded and your own and see how they differ.

Okay, so I put it on the desktop and after I install Lion and Multibeast, check the extras folder to see if they match. Where is the extras folder though?

You should put the DSDT file on the desktop, then run MultiBeast 4.1.0 and only select the "userDSDT install" and "System Utilities". Wait till this finishes and reboot.

Once rebooted, you'll see an "Extra" folder on your startup disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back