Contribute
Register

I was up and running, then made Clover Configurator change...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X UD5
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
RX480
I was up and running with everything working. Followed the Sierra guide here. Used the unibeast 7.1. Then once things were working fine, I tried to get my RX 480 card working following the Enabling RX4XX thread here. Now when I reboot, there is no mouse in clover. And no boot args shown. No matter what I do, it just shows apple logo for about 5 seconds then reboot. verbose just shows it at the first two lines of text, showing eservices/boot.efi, hibernate no. I have tried various boot args, such as -x nv_disable=1, cpus=1, etc, etc, etc, but always the same reboot after 5 seconds. Have unchecked kext patching but that has effect either. It seems something is fundamentally wrong with the bootloader, but I can't seem to fix it. Whether I use the existing Sierra install's EFI, or USB, they both seem to be loading same clover bootloader. Very odd. So now i am stuck at an unbootable state.

Any ideas?

thanks, brian

I was up and running with everything working. Followed the Sierra guide here. Used the unibeast 7.1. Then once things were working fine, I tried to get my RX 480 card working following the Enabling RX4XX thread here. Now when I reboot, there is no mouse in clover. And no boot args shown. No matter what I do, it just shows apple logo for about 5 seconds then reboot. verbose just shows it at the first two lines of text, showing eservices/boot.efi, hibernate no. I have tried various boot args, such as -x nv_disable=1, cpus=1, etc, etc, etc, but always the same reboot after 5 seconds. Have unchecked kext patching but that has effect either. It seems something is fundamentally wrong with the bootloader, but I can't seem to fix it. Whether I use the existing Sierra install's EFI, or USB, they both seem to be loading same clover bootloader. Very odd. So now i am stuck at an unbootable state.

Any ideas?

thanks, brian

Surely if you go into the bios or tap F12 at boot up to choose boot from your usb installer, the machine will boot using the config.plist from the usb as no changes were made there, you should be able to reach the desktop, you can then make the necessary changes to undo what's preventing boot from the hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back