Contribute
Register

i want to select the mac os install partition

12 pages since last September...

have you actually made any progress at all?
unfortunately not, I feel like I'm cursed to forever be separated from anything Apple since whenever I try anything MacOS related that isn't OS 9 or under, it fails catastrophically or has a ton of problems (then again this laptop is a catalyst of incompatibility)

unfortunately not, I feel like I'm cursed to forever be separated from anything Apple since whenever I try anything MacOS related that isn't OS 9 or under, it fails catastrophically or has a ton of problems (then again this laptop is a catalyst of incompatibility)
I have a old laptop with I think a Dual Core CPU

back in the day I used Chimera boot loader and had a lot more success with that

Yosemite I think was what I installed, I would have to dig it out to confirm

any windows version for the clover guide? i don't have a mac and do have to partition the USB to get it ready for the clover install

any windows version for the clover guide? i don't have a mac and do have to partition the USB to get it ready for the clover install
may work if you want to choose clover instead of opencore during the procedure:

alright, something I want to know.
your guide says to use GibMacOS to add in the bootloader.
however I don't know if it ends up installing clover legacy or UEFI Clover,
and other guides that allow installing clover legacy use the MacOS terminal instead of anything windows.
how am i supposed to install legacy clover?

alright, something I want to know.
your guide says to use GibMacOS to add in the bootloader.
however I don't know if it ends up installing clover legacy or UEFI Clover,
and other guides that allow installing clover legacy use the MacOS terminal instead of anything windows.
how am i supposed to install legacy clover?
not sure, never tried it for obvious reasons, try it and see what happens

1708445780246.png

uhhh
what happened was i set the command to 2CE and nothing else (2 for the USB, C for clover, and E to set the primary partition to EFI)

View attachment 578802
uhhh
what happened was i set the command to 2CE and nothing else (2 for the USB, C for clover, and E to set the primary partition to EFI)

re format your usb disk first

also probably best to not have such a stupid folder name, try one without spaces

i myself am stupid so it fits
shoulda named it "stuff things you don't want to clean up here" though
as mentioned, a folder without spaces may be better, in fact, just have the gibmacos on your desktop instead of putting it in stupid long folder name

Back