Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Optiplex 990 SFF Model: CN-0D6HT
CPU
Intel Core i5-2400 3.1GHz
Graphics
Radeon R5 220 2gb DDR3
I would like to know if my pc is compatible to install macOS on it.

It is a Dell Optiplex 990 SFF
Motherboard Model: CN-0D6H9T
Processor: Intel Core i5-2400 3.1GHz
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R5 220 2GB DDR3
Ram: 12GB

I would like to know if my pc is compatible to install macOS on it.

It is a Dell Optiplex 990 SFF
Motherboard Model: CN-0D6H9T
Processor: Intel Core i5-2400 3.1GHz
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R5 220 2GB DDR3
Ram: 12GB

In my experience Dells are not fun to get working but they work great once you do.. I'm running two older Precision workstations on Sierra and High Sierra. I did get one up with a vanilla install and lots of hacking but it died during an update and that's how I found out about the installed mentioned a little forward. I see no reason why you can't get it to work but it might take some effort and four-letter-words.. I'd recommend trying first with "Clover Dell Precision 690" installer, it seems to install a DSDT and/or config.sys that makes the Dell look less like a Dell to OSX. It's designed for a 690 but that's completely different from the system it got me a good head start on, and I've seen reports of it working on Dells that were even less similar than mine. Check my profile, I did a writeup on what it took to get it working on a T5400 w/High Sierra - it wasn't much! I don't know what forum it's in, I posted it in the wrong one as I've lurked here searching for info and only started posting relatively recently.

Good luck! Your equipment is new enough that you might be able to just do a vanilla install or Unibeast it. IDK about the Radeon card though - I've had no luck and strictly use Nvidia's. Two older ones I can guarantee work and are cheap one Ebay (and perform great unless you're trying to game) are XFX 280 and EVGA 275. I think I paid $30 shipped each. If nothing else, drop the $ on a cheap card like that to get it working and then screw around with upgrading it.

Oh, and with an i5-2450, the HD 3000 graphics are a no-go so you can't just pull the card and use the integrated graphics. They'll freeze for a few secs here and there and sometimes freeze the whole machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back