Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I would like to use the i7-920(I need it to be over clocked to at least over 3GHz), Corsair XMS3 12GB, an Intel SSD for OSX(need suggestions on which one), the same Intel SSD for W7, 4 other hard drives(1TB each, 2 for OSX, and 2 for W7), I do not know which motherboard(I want to get a Gigabyte version though, since I have heard that they are the best), I want the GPU to be as fast as possible and be able to play most current and future games on high settings, I do not know which power supply to get and which fans will cool my system the best, Blu Ray burner, I am going to use the Corsair Obsidian 800d for my case. Also I'm looking for all of this to be around the price of $1000, if that is possible. Thanks! :D

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    33.9 KB · Views: 70
Actually, I need an i7 processor, that can be over clocked to over 3GHz. Thanks!

Tonymacx86 CustoMac Pro
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=4235

+1

Make sure you have an adequate power supply to run everything that you are wanting to run. Also, since you are planning on putting 4-5 HDDs (I assume you're going to be using 7200 rpm drives), I'd recommend getting a case that you are positive is going to have plenty of ventilation. As far as the SSD, are you primarily wanting to use it for Snow Leopard and Applications? If so, I'd go with either the X-25 M 80GB or 120GB. My friend is using the 80GB for his build, and so far he hasn't had any issues that I'm aware of, and his system starts (with about 10-12 apps) in about a minute and a half! Since you are getting an SSD, which are generally fairly expensive, and you are trying to stay on a $1000 budget, I would maybe consider going with 8GBs of memory for now, and add more in later. It will certainly help offset the cost of the SSD. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back