Graphics
GTX-970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I had a perfectly working dual boot system with El Capitan and Windows 10 installed on the same drive with Clover. I could boot either just fine and everything ran perfect. The other day I decided to upgrade to Sierra and as a result I've broken my system pretty good. I hope this is the right section to put this in, I'll do my best to summarize what's happened.

System Specs:
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI
Processor: Core i5-4590
Graphics: GTX 970

What's happened:

• Updated Clover
  • Updated to Sierra
  • Had trouble getting Nvidia web drivers to work, accidentally broke something in my Clover config and couldn't boot into MacOS anymore.
  • Dumbly tried to mount my EFI partition in Windows by unhiding it with command line (which didn't help) then setting it back to hidden. (I think this is where I broke things)
  • Got a message "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key" whenever I boot, can no longer get to clover.
  • Made a bootable Sierra USB using the install guide which let me get to clover, boot into MacOS and I was able to fix my Clover Config to have working Nvidia Drivers.
  • Ran MultiBeast in MacOS to try and fix the EFI partition (used UEFI boot method)

Current Status:

• I can boot with the USB stick, get into MacOS and it runs fine
  • I cannot boot Windows at all
  • I still get the "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key" message when trying to boot without the USB
  • When in MacOS (booted from USB stick), I can mount the EFI partition and make edits in CloverConfig without errors
  • My Partition table seems weird, it's listed as FDisk_partition_scheme when the bootable USB is GUID
    mJOcb.png
I have a feeling that the FDisk thing is causing it not to be a bootable drive. Does anyone know how I would go about changing it to GUID?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back