Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I tried installing ML onto my SL partition but while it was installing i got a white screen. Probably because of my 6850 card. I deleted the ati6000 kext which even got me to see the install screen, but halfway the installation it returned to white screen and i turned of my computer. Now the partition is gone so i only have win7 left.. i have made backups, is there any easy way to get my OSX back? :(

Hey man, if you ain't already fixed it this might work for you - if you have a backup stored as a .dmg then you could boot from a Mac OS USB installer and clone your working image back on to your HDD. I'm not sure how easy that would be if you're using just one hard drive though.. You may need to recreate the partition in Windows first so that it's ready for the installer.

• Prep partition if necessary

• Copy backup .dmg to a USB stick

• Boot from USB stick installer (hopefully you've got one, if not do you have access to any working Mac to make one?)

• Plug in your USB with the backup and restore image to boot drive using Disk Utility

• Boot from the USB installer (just to use its bootloader) and then select your restored main drive

• Once you get to desktop, install bootloader of your choice on your main drive (Chameleon Wizard makes that easy) *If you're dual booting into Windows then tread carefully here, make sure you don't hose your windows installation - you may need a different boot setup*

and you should be up and running again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back