Contribute
Register

I really need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think that is the problem? Can you help me fixing it?
(Even though with that file on the USB sitck the system is able to boot)
It is probably because you made the wrong selections when you ran UniBeast to create your installer.

But in theory that should not explain why the USB stick boots and the main SSD doesnt?

Yeah I have read it hundreds of times. Ok listen, I'll do it again and let's see if anything changes. If everyone is able to do it successfully and I didn't clearly the issue is me :(
Thanks again for replying

It is probably because you made the wrong selections when you ran UniBeast to create your installer.
there are no options for unibeast

Of course there are options :
Ok, I forgot about that. I’m trying to use onboard/internal HD630. Sort of works. I have no audio yet and display glitches. I have tried mulitbeast several times but always get stuck in a reboot loop ( I think it’s a kernel panic) finally just copyed efi from usb to ssd.

Ok, I forgot about that. I’m trying to use onboard/internal HD630. Sort of works. I have no audio yet and display glitches
You should start your own thread instead of hijacking this one.

P1LGRIM,
Sorry for replying so late, I have been busy at work. And I am spending a lot of time at work since my home computer keeps n working. I am very close to give up and revert to the old version of Sierra.

Let me give you an update.
I have created a new USB stick from scratch. At that time, there was still the 10.13.1 version. Did not touch the Video Options.
Then, I have format the SSD, and re-install the OSX (this is time number 4). Im using HFS+, since the first time I did it it was APFS and I had a lot of problems with booting speed, regardless the TRIM disable trick.
After the boot from the USB stick, I run Multibeast. This time I did not select any options but Intel Video. Then I manually copied the new Lilu and IntelFix kexts in the relevant folders.
That's it.
Again same problems, with some new ones (like USB mouse doesn't work anymore).
But I cannot boot from the SSD. And same error if you use the verbose mode.

Im attaching the new config file to this thread and the screenshot of the boot from SSD. I would love to attach the whole EFI folder, but even compressed is like 18MB so I do not think is allowed here in the forum.

I am pretty sure that someone else has had this problem, my configuration is so basic and common. I have been reading through the hundreds of posts but I cannot find the solution.

Any idea? I really appreciate your answers.

PS: I was reading around that to instal kexts is not enough to just copy them in a folder (which is what I am doing currently). Do I need to follow additional steps?

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.2 KB · Views: 208
  • CLOVERX64.efi
    713.6 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0345 copy.jpg
    IMG_0345 copy.jpg
    477.4 KB · Views: 60
Any idea? I really appreciate your answers.
Why are you using PS/2 drivers ?
They are mostly used on Laptops in these modern times.

You are still injecting ATI graphics despite previous advice to the contrary.
No point in helping if you don't take notice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back