I really need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170N-WIFI
CPU
Intel Core i7-6700 3.40GHz (Skylake)
Guys goodmorning.
Please note that before posting is almost 2 weeks I'm trying every possible solution, and I was an happy Hackintosher with Sierra before the upgrade (when everything begins).
Post is because nothing has worked so far.

1. Downloaded the installer from the store. USB key done. Installation done (with some issues solved along the way) with HFS+
2. Last MultiBeast used. But when try to boot, it get stuck and reboot in an infinite loop.
3. Tried multiple config for MultiBeast, same issue.
4. Since the USB key is still working (and once in clover I can still boot from the main drive), I thought to copy the config list from the USB to the main driver (mounting EFI partition on the main driver). Nothing.
5, Then I have updated manually all the kexts, downloading the last version from the website and copied those manually to S/E and Clover Other directory.

Still nothing. I might redo a clean installation, but I cannot see how that will help?
Attached screenshot of the boot. Im currently use the config file coming with the USB stick

I really appreciate any help
Stefano

Attachments

• IMG_0338.JPG
    IMG_0338.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 102
Last edited by a moderator:
Guys goodmorning.
Please note that before posting is almost 2 weeks I'm trying every possible solution, and I was an happy Hackintosher with Sierra before the upgrade (when everything begins).
Post is because nothing has worked so far.

1. Downloaded the installer from the store. USB key done. Installation done (with some issues solved along the way) with HFS+
2. Last MultiBeast used. But when try to boot, it get stuck and reboot in an infinite loop.
3. Tried multiple config for MultiBeast, same issue.
4. Since the USB key is still working (and once in clover I can still boot from the main drive), I thought to copy the config list from the USB to the main driver (mounting EFI partition on the main driver). Nothing.
5, Then I have updated manually all the kexts, downloading the last version from the website and copied those manually to S/E and Clover Other directory.

Still nothing. I might redo a clean installation, but I cannot see how that will help?
Attached screenshot of the boot. Im currently use the config file coming with the USB stick

I really appreciate any help
Stefano

The most simple way to analyze a boot problem with a USB Installer disk or the System hard disk in my opinion is as follows:

USB Installer disk fails to boot: Questions one should consider:
  • Did I get the macOS Installer from AppStore without any file corruption and in full as shown by the total size of the downloaded file matching what was shown at the site? If still in doubt verify File Integrity Using MD5 and SHA1 Hashes [Ex:In Terminal, type shasum & drag and drop the file on to the Terminal after the shasum command, check output value against values published at Mac website through Google search.]
  • Did I partition and format the disk (USB in this case) in Disk Utility without any issues? If Yes the disk is good for Unibeast installation of downloaded macOs in Applications folder
  • Did the Unibeast installation go well without any errors? If yes, the Disk has the macOS and required CLOVER files to boot. [if not, go back to making the disk again]
  • Did I check the BIOS menu one by one to make sure everything is set according to the General instruction given in the UniBeast Guide for the above disk to boot without BIOS issues?
    • Please note the instruction is Generic, based on a number of Motherboards/CPU/Graphics tested .
    • It does not say the choices are applicable to ALL hardware.
    • If you have an unusual Motherboard/CPU/Graphics, you need to search if any experienced hackintoshers have already used and reported their BIOS choices for that hardware.
    • If you have any questions about your own choices, you should list all your choices in your post to the Forum or upload images of BIOS screens showing what your choices included.
  • The USB installer did not reach the Clover Boot Manager(CBM) screen because of a Kernel Panic error
    • Reboot and take a Photo of that screen image and upload to the Forum
    • Because the problem can be in BIOS choices or CLOVER contents of the USB installer, list your BIOS Options and upload CLOVER from the USB as a compressed file. [For steps:#3]
  • The USB Installer Disk reached CBM : If that OS is new to you, boot in Verbose mode with a -v flag by pressing Space bar and [√] Verbose(-v)
  • On booting from CBM , the installer disk did not reach the target screen, the Installation screen ->Disk Utility :
    • Take a Picture of the crash screen and upload to the Forum with your post.
    • Upload the CLOVER as a compressed file.[For steps check #3]
System Hard disk Fails to boot after MultiBeast installation

• Most likely some wrong choices from MultiBeast.
  • Use your USB installer that created the System disk to boot to CBM and switch to System Disk and boot
  • Be prepared to take image of any screen that may have problem.
  • If booted OK, re-run MultiBeast more carefully or after consultation showing your previously chosen options.
Now about the posted Verbose boot screen:
Is this from your USB installer or System disk? That part was unclear from your post.

If any boot failures happen, BIOS Choices and CLOVER contents are the 2 top culprits.
You got to provide them in your upload along with the Crash screen image indicating VERY CLEARLY what is the Booting disk that caused that crash to get proper help.

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all, thank you for replying quickly and so extensively

Second, apologies for not making myself clear enough.
1- I CAN access Clover Boot Manager either using the USB stick as a starting drive or the Main SSD drive.
2- I CAN boot successfully (with no video acceleration and sound) from the main SSD drive ONLY if I select the USB as the starting drive, and only at CBM level select the main SSD to boot
3- I CANNOT boot successfully If I use the main SSD drive as the primary drive to reach CBM (i.e., no USB stick plugged in)

The screenshot I have attached is related to point 3

BIOS settings have not been changed since the very first time I did the Hack (it was for Sierra)

I would attach the Clover contents. Which one exactly? Do I need to mount the EFI partition of my main SSD and copy that?

Please note that the config.plist I have on the main SSD now is the same of the USB stick (I have copied it as I mentioned before in a desperate attempt to have something working, but unfortunately nothing changed)

I hope this info will help you helping me :)

1- I CAN access Clover Boot Manager either using the USB stick as a starting drive or the Main SSD drive.
2- I CAN boot successfully (with no video acceleration and sound) from the main SSD drive ONLY if I select the USB as the starting drive, and only at CBM level select the main SSD to boot
3- I CANNOT boot successfully If I use the main SSD drive as the primary drive to reach CBM (i.e., no USB stick plugged in)
this my very first build and I'm having the same issues, no luck with multibeast
both WiFi and ethernet are working
GA-H270-HD3
i7 7700
16gb 2133 Crucial Budget
TP-Link Archer T9E 802.11AC AC1900

using onboard intel hd 630 graphics

Last edited:
First of all, thank you for replying quickly and so extensively

Second, apologies for not making myself clear enough.

The screenshot I have attached is related to point 3

BIOS settings have not been changed since the very first time I did the Hack (it was for Sierra)

I would attach the Clover contents. Which one exactly? Do I need to mount the EFI partition of my main SSD and copy that?

Please note that the config.plist I have on the main SSD now is the same of the USB stick (I have copied it as I mentioned before in a desperate attempt to have something working, but unfortunately nothing changed)

I hope this info will help you helping me :)
  • Thank you being precise and clear.
  • I can now say your USB installer is OK to boot and reach the Disk Utility screen to install macOS High Sierra on a good hard disk and the BIOS settings are appropriate for booting HS in the System disk provided it gets the Clover Bootloader OK and all the kexts and support files are installed in that Hard disk using Multibeast (or manually) and the same Graphics device is going to be used for the System Disk also.
  • If Graphics card is going to be changed from Integrated to PCIE , then BIOS also need changes.
  • Since you have not listed a separate add-on PCI Graphics device, I presume you are using Intel HD 530 for this installation and no changes are needed in BIOS setup.
  • Therefore all you need to do now:
    • Boot up to CBM using your High Sierra USB installer
    • In CBM switch to High Sierra System Disk
    • Reach Desktop
    • If you have not already done, press Finder>Preferences> [√] all 4 boxes to get any disk attached to system to show up their icons on the Right Side of the Desktop screen for easy access with Mouse and Keyboard.
    • Click Apple>About This Mac > Overview > Screen capture using keyboard
      • Windows key(Cmd in Mac) +Shift+ 4 will provide a Crosshair cursor for mouse
      • Press left mouse button and drag crosshair cursor from Left upper to Right Lower corner of the screen to capture and let go off the key and mouse button to drop the image on Desktop.
      • Can edit that in Preview tools for own records or to upload to support and supplement post.
    • Click System Report ... Hardware and check all hardware devices from Audio to Wifi and decide which of them have no kexts [Just like the walk through Device Manager in a newly built Windows PC]
    • Using the MoBo Manual for Windows from the Manufacturer's site, find the Chips for the major hardware like Audio/Ethernet/Graphics/ USB/Wifi in that system
    • With this information launch Multibeast for High Sierra
    • You know your system needs CLOVER in UEFI mode
    • Driver choices are based on the Chipset info you have collected from Manufacturer's website and any Google searches.
    • You know your Intel HD from the CPU you are using. If needed check using Google
      • What Intel HD for i7 6700 > Intel HD 530
    • Now multibeast options to choose becomes easier by scrolling through its menu choices select the ones you need and install
    • I am being very compulsive, I will open the EFI partition currently mounted [the only time in its existence after Multibeast install and before reboot and never to see the light of the day afterwards, being hidden inside EFI partition of the disk until mounted with a software like CCV] on the desktop.
    • I will check the /CLOVER/kexts and remove all numbered folders 10.6 to 10.13 keeping ONLY "Other"
    • I will open and check "Other" to make sure it has all the essential kexts the corresponding "Other" of USB has plus kexts for Graphics like IntelGraphicsFixup.kext and latest Lilu.kext and possibly AppleALC.kext (sometimes missing and need manual install)
      • If missing download and add.
    • I will confirm the contents of drivers64UEFI ( usually it will be OK)
    • I will check config.plist opened in the latest error fixed CCV and all its menus from ACPI to System Parameters to make sure they are OK
    • If in doubt post the screen shots and ask for help in the Forum.
  • With this kind of approach chances of boot failure is very minimal.

Thanks for your detail response.
Unfortunately there is something wrong and I cannot really understand where and how to fix it.
I have even try to run Multibeast with no options at all, just FakeCPU and UEFI Bootloader, but no luck.

I am attaching few screenshot, one is the current configuration, one is a very weird screen from the BIOS, that shows many UEFI Boot Partition (can that be the problem?), one is the contant of the UEFI folder on the main Boot Drive and the last one is where the boot get stuck. I have also attached the config file.
IMG_0341 copy.jpg
IMG_0342.jpg
screenshot_01.png
screenshot_02.png
screenshot_04.png

I'll wait a bit, and then try an other clean instal (number 4), but Im not entirely sure I can fix the problem, as I have followed the guide step by step 3 times in a row and I always had the same problem.

I would appreciate any help from experienced people please

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.2 KB · Views: 243
If you are using your integrated Intel graphics why are you injecting ATI graphics in your config.plist ?

Clearly I am not sure why.
I have definitely copyed the congif file I have on the working USB stick to the main drive. Maybe I did something wrong, so I have just re done it. I'll attach the file Im using now. I am not able to see if this InjectATI is there or not.

And in the mean time Im downloading High Sierra for the 4th time... :(

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.1 KB · Views: 151
Do you think that is the problem? Can you help me fixing it?
(Even though with that file on the USB sitck the system is able to boot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back