Contribute
Register

I read that the 6870 is a good choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think most 6870 cards should work out of the box. All you need is:

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

In your org.chameleon.Boot.plist and the latest Chimera installed.

I have this MSI Hawk 6870 in my Hackintosh, have no problems with it under OS X, and can recommend it:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814127560

It's also very quiet if you use it in silent mode, and is a bit cheaper then the card you linked to.

pbryanw said:
I think most 6870 cards should work out of the box. All you need is:

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

In your org.chameleon.Boot.plist and the latest Chimera installed.

I have this MSI Hawk 6870 in my Hackintosh, have no problems with it under OS X, and can recommend it:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814127560

It's also very quiet if you use it in silent mode, and is a bit cheaper then the card you linked to.

Honestly I have no clue as to where I am suppose to put the command strings. All I did was use a UniBeast USB. As for coding I am a retard.

I have an XFX version of this card, and it worked OOB, except that watching any HD movies in quicktime are freezing and crashing my system.

Any help or thought on this?

djzilos said:
I have an XFX version of this card, and it worked OOB, except that watching any HD movies in quicktime are freezing and crashing my system.

How could you just hijack his thread? o_O

\ :lol:

6870s work OOB under Lion with GE=YES.

Not trying to hijack anything here. I said it works oob but having issues playing stuff in QuickTime. Apparently this is happening on legit Mac pros as well for some people with this card, I'm not sure what to do to fix this. I didn't try 2 screens yet either...

djzilos makes a good point. How well do the cards handle multiple displays? (my 6870 is built to support 6) I intend on having three 27" displays though. If I happened to want 6 in the future, unlikely, would all displays function?

Demonkey man555 said:
djzilos makes a good point. How well do the cards handle multiple displays? (my 6870 is built to support 6) I intend on having three 27" displays though. If I happened to want 6 in the future, unlikely, would all displays function?

XFX cards are known to have issues so it does not have any bearing on the rest of the 6870s.

I have only seen up to three displays since depending on the card outputs one [one DVI, one DP, one HDMI] is only going to work.

:sick:

It still stumps me that my whole system freezes when watching something in QuickTime...
What kind of "issues" do the xfx cards have?

djzilos said:

I have the 6850 and quicktime crashes as well. I believe it is a codecs problem, Perian needs to be updated for lion. I believe this because the card worked perfectly in Snow Leo with Quicktime.

I use MplayerX instead and Boxee for movies. With these tools I never have any problems.

rabbit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back