Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
I'm not sure which section to post this under, I'm assuming Graphics...since my display is connected to my graphics card. Whenever I boot up Yosemite the status bar gets about 25% through, and then the signal cuts out. I have to turn off my monitor, and then turn it back on to see the login screen. I also get an update nag from NVIDIA every time I log in, even though there is no update.

My build is a GA-Z97X-UD5H, i5-4690K, GA GTX 970. My monitor is an Acer K272KHUL, I'm using a Display Port connection.

Under Bios features I have my Boot Option Priorites set to...
Option 1: UEFI 250GB SSD (Mac OS Yosemite)
Option 2: UEFI 120GB SSD (Windows 8)
Option 3: P0 250GB SSD (Mac OS Yosemite)
Option 4: P1 120GB SSD (Windows 8)

Everything's set to optimized defaults except VT-d which is disabled, and my memory profile selected to "profile 1". Any idea what's going on? Windows 8 boots up fine without a monitor reset.

Screen Shot 2014-12-09 at 8.14.06 PM.png

Screen-Shot-2014-12-09-at-8.14.jpg

Set OS type to "Windows 8" and make CSM to "Never" in UEFI BIOS

When I do that it says "No bootable device is detected. System will enter the BIOS Setup Utility." I have the boot options set to "UEFI 250GB" for the first boot option (Mac OS), and "UEFI 120GB" (windows) for the second.

Before I changed it, my "Windows 8 Features" was set to "Other OS". My first boot option was "P0 250GB" (Mac OS), and "P1 120GB" (Windows) as my second.

This is related to the boot type. Set it to Legacy then to see P0 and P1 options

There's no option to do that when you select CSM to "never". So I tried leaving CSM to "always" with P0 and P1 as my first two options, but I still have to reset the monitor.

Looks like disabling CSM turns off legacy boot.
So if you still want to resolve the issue - move from Chimera to Clover UEFI boot loader. If everything done well, you won't have to reinstall OS keeping all data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back