Contribute
Register

I Need the approval of tonymac forum before I buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
There are a lot of sucessful user builds on here with the same specs but I won't the approval one more time.

Motherboard - Asus P8P67 pro?deluxe?

CPU - I5 2500k

GPU - xfx 6950 2gb ( I picked this card because I am a gamer. I will game on my window 7
os. I understand that you can't use it right now on osx but I can wait OR with the same performance what other card do you think I should get that will work?)

RAM - Corsair Vengeance 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9-24 Dual Channel Memory Kit.

PSU - Corsair 750W

CPU Heatsink - I don't know yet but a watercooled one, for example H70 or antec.

HDD - OCZ Vertex 2 Extended Sandforce 120GB 2.5IN SATA2 Solid State Disk Flash Drive SSD

What do you guys think. I would love recommendations. I was looking around at other builds and I will probably use there guides and go the andy route.

** Important question. I was watching videos and reading other forums and I noticed that this asus board gives problems. I saw some things like double boot etc. What are your experiences, is this board really a pain in the butt.

Thanks guys.

That's no problem about the graphic card, I can wait. Any other suggestions or changes I should make.

Thanks. :headbang:

See my recent post on the same subject: viewtopic.php?p=134009#p134009

Check out forum users' successful builds using the 6870 in the User Builds, Installation Guides and Sandy Bridge forum sections. (The Forum Search function will allow you to search in specific forum sections.) Rumor: Gigabyte, Asus & MSI have been known to stick the closest to AMD/ATI's Reference Designs which Apple uses for it's graphics cards in the Mac Pros. Sapphire and XFX have a lot of happy users here, too. YMMV. But, stay as close a Reference Design card series as possible to lower your risk of not being able to use the card in Snow Leopard.

video card

5770, 5870 or 6870

cooler, h60, h50 or h70

ZALMAN CNPS9900 NT

It has nothing to do with hackintosh but if you've the chance go with the

Samsung SSD 470 128GB - http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/memory-storage/MZ-5PA128/US

instead the Vertex2. I've both of them (only 60/64GB versions) and the Samsung is that f**king fast compared to the Vertex2. And I've read a lot of positive things about it. Instead of the Vertex....
I wouldn't recommend any SSD with the Sandforce-Controller (I've a second one with such a controller in my MBP - OWC).
Samsung has its own controller. You can say it's right now a good deal for a SSD.

Huberer

Why not go with Gigabyte p67 or z68 series?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back