1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So I've read these three guides.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/section/3-guides.html
tonymacx86 Blog: iBoot + MultiBeast: Install Mac OS X on any Intel-based PC
tonymacx86 Blog: UniBeast: Install Mac OS X Lion Using an All-In-One Bootable USB Drive

Is that all I need to follow/be aware of for my installation? Assume I'm clueless(because I am) about anything regarding BIOS, firmware, and whatever might cause some trouble. Here's my planned setup:

[TR="bgcolor: transparent"] [TR="bgcolor: transparent"] [TR="bgcolor: transparent"] [TR="bgcolor: transparent"] [TR="bgcolor: transparent"] [TR="bgcolor: transparent"] [TR="bgcolor: transparent"] [TR="bgcolor: transparent"] [TR="bgcolor: transparent"]
CPU Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad-Core $169.99
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3(R2.0) ATX LGA1155 $87.86
Memory Corsair 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 $41.99
Hard Drive Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM $69.94
Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB $107.44
Case Apex SK-393-C ATX Mid Tower $24.15
Power Supply Corsair 430W ATX12V $47.98
Optical Drive Sony AD-7280S-0B DVD/CD Writer $17.99
Monitor Acer V213HLBJbd 21.5" $125.99

Looks good. If you already have a Mac that can download lion you dont need to do the snow leopard install so just use Unibeast.

Cool, all I gotta do is actually order the parts now.

edit: is there a list of wifi cards on here that are compatible?

I assumed going through snow leopard and then adding lion was the only way. I want use the most up to date version of Lion. I there's another GPU nearly as good that's supported I'll go with that.

Do you own a Mac? If you do you can skip snow leopard and just go right to lion.

Nope I don't.

Ok then you need to install snow leopard first then update. You probibly could use that GPU while you are in snow and upgrading to lion but you will not get full resolution or acceleration in snow.

I'll have to double check and ask around if I can with that card. Can anyone else verify if installation is possible?

trixter

I do think that you will have issues w that 550 - as this is reported in the forum

you may want to look at this video card - some say its better
Newegg.com - Refurbished: EVGA 01G-P3-1370-RX GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Also
If you are unfamiliar w the internal workings of the Mackintosh world, I found the following websites and videos very be helpful.

But before you do this please look for some YOUtube vids under the name deanwrayUK
of these shortcuts.

His vid on Best Practice - Hackintosh - MultiBeast (Best Practice) - YouTube
His vid on Basic Overview Hackintosh - Basic Overview - YouTube
His vid on Bootloader flags Hackintosh - Basic Intro to Bootloader flags and repair - YouTube

his youtube channel
OSX, 3D, Hacks, TD... bit of everything - YouTube

iBoot and Multibeast - TonyMacx86 guide
tonymacx86 Blog: iBoot + MultiBeast: Install Mac OS X on any Intel-based PC

Mac OSC 10.6.8 update - and Update Helper for 155 Sandy Bridge
tonymacx86 Blog: Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update
tonymacx86 Blog: Get Ready for OS X Lion: Update to 10.6.8 on a Socket 1155 Sandy Bridge System

TonyMac listing of alternative sources for information you may find usefull
Search - tonymacx86.com

TonyMac listing of supported video cards that you may find usefull
tonymacx86.com - Home

Please perform a Google search for this
" How to use Multibeast: a comprehensive guide of Multibeast options " - remove quotes
you will see several links related to Multibeast that will help you with this utility.

Something usefull about command line switchs one needs to know !
Bootloader & ACPI Flags While Darwin Bootloader. | OSX86 Basics

Board index » The Build » Snow Leopard Installation » 10.6 Desktop Support
Search - tonymacx86.com

Update helper - use before 10.6.8 install
tonymacx86 Blog: Get Ready for OS X Lion: Update to 10.6.8 on a Socket 1155 Sandy Bridge System

Installation Troubleshooting Tips & General Recommendations
Search - tonymacx86.com
tonymacx86.com - Home

Some information on the BootX (Apple) process or what happens when you press that power button.
BootX (Apple) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Totenkopf4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back