Contribute
Register

I need help, please!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's basically a matter of preference.

I went with the PSU mod as to hide it all together and some will set the whole stock PSU in the bottom because it is easier to mount at times.

Then you have it on the upper shelf and for that you need to make sure that it fits fine and you mount the motherboard tray accordingly.

If you look at mine with the mobo tray in it I cannot do a stock PSU anymore as it interferes with the mobo because I did the PSU mod. What ever choice you make affects the placement of the mobo tray.

Also keep in mind the air flow.

I like the top position replacing the hard drive assembly , mainly bases on my perceived thoughts about heat dissipation.
I have no evidence and not many guys (or Girls) comment too much on heat build up although if you leave the hard drives at the top they still need a good fan.

Remember hacking a case is more about braving the frontier, who knows if there is a right and a wrong way ?

cheers

just a quick comment of the brackets for the fan

I haven't seen them before either , BUT I do like them, might need to get myself a small sheet of Aluminium

cheers

OK I also want to remove the top plate, I removed all the screws, but it just won't go out. I'm going crazy here trying it for hours. Do I have to remove the grey bar which slides back and forth? If yes HOW? Please someone reply, I saw the photos in this thread but they just don't tell anything about how to take out the plate!

dermeister said:
OK I also want to remove the top plate, I removed all the screws, but it just won't go out. I'm going crazy here trying it for hours. Do I have to remove the grey bar which slides back and forth? If yes HOW? Please someone reply, I saw the photos in this thread but they just don't tell anything about how to take out the plate!
viewtopic.php?p=185171#p185171
I don't know if I could be clearer.

This whole picture and info on the link above is all about removing the top tray. Read the directions on each photo and yes you need to remove the gray plastic bar.

I damn near pulled out my hair trying to remove that top plate. You need to all of the visible allen head type screws, and all of the mother board stand offs. After you have done that literally flip your G5 upside down, and put your head inside of your case. You will be able to see that there is a little black clip holding in each one of the locking pins. Just use a your fingers or a flathead screwdriver to pop them off the clips. Here is a picture to help you remember how to put it back together.

P.S.
Tell us of your success and failures. We would love to hear if you figured it out, or if you need more help.

Attachments

• G5-Clip.jpg
    G5-Clip.jpg
    395 KB · Views: 169
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back