Contribute
Register

I need help getting HDMI ports to work without DSDT edits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI GE70 2PE-012 US
CPU
2.4 GHz Core i7-4700HQ
Graphics
Intel 4600 HD & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello I was able to get my on board audio ports to work using your Multi-Beast kext file is there a way to edit the kext file so it sees that I have an HDMI port as well. I am using the Realtek ALC892 audio kext file which helped my computer see that I do have that audio port. I also used a modified kext file to get my ethernet working as well. I don't intended to upgrade my computer anytime soon until I find a working dsdt file. But I need a temporary solution to this problem. Thank you very much.

Hello I was able to get my on board audio ports to work using your Multi-Beast kext file is there a way to edit the kext file so it sees that I have an HDMI port as well. I am using the Realtek ALC892 audio kext file which helped my computer see that I do have that audio port. I also used a modified kext file to get my ethernet working as well. I don't intended to upgrade my computer anytime soon until I find a working dsdt file. But I need a temporary solution to this problem. Thank you very much.

You should patch your own DSDT. Bad idea to use a DSDT that you "find."

HDMI audio requires DSDT edits (injection of hda-gfx property, HDAU device, etc.) and framebuffer edits (eg. in your case, AppleIntelFramebufferAzul)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back