Not open for further replies.
CPU
i5-661
Graphics
GT 520
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

My DeathAdder is no longer the mouse I used to love. The scroll wheel is driving me mad, so I need a new mouse. This time I don't need a gaming mouse so I'd like to go wireless. I read a few days ago that some wireless mice with USB receivers don't work well with OS X, especially in the installer. Is that true? I thought all mice should work fine on any desktop OS.

I am thinking of getting a Magic Mouse (which will surely not work during an installation of OS X, but I'll keep the DeathAdder just for that) but it's expensive at $65 for a seller refurbished one.

Please let me know if you have any recommendations. I care mostly about ergonomics, and it would be cool if it had DPI of 1800 or more, since 1800 is what I use.

Thanks.

Go with the magic trackpad, completes the hackintosh experience, and once you get used to it, you won't want anything else.

Go with the magic trackpad, completes the hackintosh experience, and once you get used to it, you won't want anything else.

I had a Magic Trackpad. It's fun with the gestures but not fast enough and not suitable for long uses or photo editing. The Magic Mouse is also out of the question now, considering the price.

Hi,

My DeathAdder is no longer the mouse I used to love. The scroll wheel is driving me mad, so I need a new mouse. This time I don't need a gaming mouse so I'd like to go wireless. I read a few days ago that some wireless mice with USB receivers don't work well with OS X, especially in the installer. Is that true? I thought all mice should work fine on any desktop OS.

I am thinking of getting a Magic Mouse (which will surely not work during an installation of OS X, but I'll keep the DeathAdder just for that) but it's expensive at $65 for a seller refurbished one.

Please let me know if you have any recommendations. I care mostly about ergonomics, and it would be cool if it had DPI of 1800 or more, since 1800 is what I use.

Thanks.
Try this one - http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/wireless-mouse-m510?crid=7
Note this is RF wireless, not BT.
You can also use the Mac keyboard http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/wireless-solar-keyboard-k750-mac?crid=1489 with the same USB dongle as the mouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back