Contribute
Register

I need a little help to download OS X Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, so I know from the guides it basically just says to download the app from the app store but I am almost certain that you cannot download the app from the app store anymore. I have a 21.5 Imac that started with OS X El Capitan so I am wondering if there is any way I can download Yosemite and create the necessary app.

Also I am not sure if I am posting in the right section so please go easy on me!

Alright, so I know from the guides it basically just says to download the app from the app store but I am almost certain that you cannot download the app from the app store anymore. I have a 21.5 Imac that started with OS X El Capitan so I am wondering if there is any way I can download Yosemite and create the necessary app.

Also I am not sure if I am posting in the right section so please go easy on me!
If you already have El Capitan and you have never downloaded Yosemite before then you will not be able to download it from the app store.

This is not right! Ive downloaded Yosemite before through App Store, and I am not able anymore to download it again. Actually, it is not available from any official source, I´m afraid. Now I am trying to use the Unibeast, and its not working. On step 14 the systems to be installed are not available to be picked.

Last edited:
I think GB means that on a real mac that won't be an available option.....and from what I have been told and understand....the previous iteration won't run on newer hardware....meaning there are no drivers written for that newer hardware on the older software iteration.

This is not right! Ive downloaded Yosemite before through App Store, and I am not able anymore to download it again. Actually, it is not available from any official source, I´m afraid. Now I am trying to use the Unibeast, and its not working. On step 14 the systems to be installed are not available to be picked.
Read my post again. If you have never downloaded Yosemite before you will not be able to download it now.

If you have downloaded Yosemite before, then you should have the otionn to download it again. It shows up in my Purchased apps list along with Lion, Mountain Lion, and all of the others I have downloaded in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back