Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Msi h110 pro VD
CPU
I5 7600k
Graphics
Gtx 1050 ti
Hello reader i plan on building/buy a cheap hackingtosh that could handle mac os sierra i my self already have a radeon hd 7950 witch i am planning to use my budget is 250 us i prefer pre build systems but from all the posts i simply cant figure out what pre built pc can handle ma os sierra without as manny errors please help me if you cant understand what i am trying to say feel free to ask.

Most pre-builts don't have a large enough PSU to run the HD7950. You'd need to get a Dell with a 24 pin power connector on board and upgrade the PSU. Only certain models have that. Do some research to find out which ones do. The other thing to consider is the length of the graphics card. Not many pre-builts have that much room, you'd need a mini-tower size PC. A Dell Optiplex 780 MT might work. Don't know if the GPU would fit. You'd need to determine that first.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/PC-Desktop...R40&_sop=15&_nkw=dell+optiplex+780+mini+tower

Screen_Shot.jpg

Last edited:
Well I'll do that I'll will use the GPU of my old gaming PC of 750w but I am looking for like a HP 8000 that could handle Mac osx Sierra without any errors could you maybe advice me one? I only have knowledge of windows xD

Sorry not GPU but psu

Well I'll do that I'll will use the GPU of my old gaming PC of 750w but I am looking for like a HP 8000 that could handle Mac osx Sierra without any errors could you maybe advice me one? I only have knowledge of windows xD
The HP 8000 series all use a proprietary PSU and they can't use a larger wattage ATX PSU replacement. You can do that with the Dell Optiplex 780 which is capable of the PSU replacement. You can run macOS on a Dell Optiplex 780. It's no different than the HP 8000 in that regard. Get a Mini-Tower version of the 780 that has at least a Quad core Q9400 CPU. Then it will run Sierra when you have a compatible graphics card.

Here's one on Ebay for under $80.00
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-Optipl...740675&hash=item417b94617d:g:qpwAAOSwvg9XaFoQ

Thank you so much i have found a HP 6300 MT thanks so much for your help/advice

My friend bought the dell optiplex 780 thank you so much again... you guys really make for a great comunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back