cpu : i5 3450

mother board : Gigabyte Z77M-D3H

Graphic card : HIS HD6850

RAM : corsair DDR3 1600 4GBx2

SSD : OCZ Vertex4 128GB

Power Supply : Thermaltake Litepower 500W

Software

OSX 10.6 snow leopard

what should i do the next step please suggest me :)

Attachments

• 10062012121.JPG
    10062012121.JPG
    503.4 KB · Views: 162
jester969 said:
You need to turn your thoughts to Lion since Ivy is not supported under SL at the current moment.

Ivy Bridge Install

viewtopic.php?f=168&t=59052

If the OP does not have another Mac or Hack, it can be difficult for him to get Lion from the Mac App Store since he/she will not be able to install Snow Leopard on his/her machine.

Is there a way out of this other than asking a friend with Mac or Hack to help?

There is no way out but borrowing a mac/hack to create Unibeast or going to store to pickup a thumbdrive from Apple and using and in-store desktop to create it.

I have an iMac it's my main computer ^ ^ and i was download 10.7 lion retail already

now i'm try to understand the article that you suggest me

it's quite difficult for me because my english skill areso poor = ="

thank for advice me i'll try and tell you a result : D

Gordo74 said:
The D3H's audio is not supported nicely. It is a Via audio chipset.

oh it's bad news for me :'(

that mean everything would be ok except sound right?

so is GA-Z77P-D3 will be ok?

GA-Z77P-D3 it's has a Realtek ALC887 codec but i didn't see any display port

however i still have hd6850 graphic card if i use GA-Z77P-D3 and hd6850 together is it will be ok?

best regard :)

paipai said:
oh it's bad news for me :'(

that mean everything would be ok except sound right?

so is GA-Z77P-D3 will be ok?

GA-Z77P-D3 it's has a Realtek ALC887 codec but i didn't see any display port

however i still have hd6850 graphic card if i use GA-Z77P-D3 and hd6850 together is it will be ok?

best regard :)

The GA-Z77P-D3 is probably OK with its audio, but as you have observed you need a supported video card with it. The 6850 is OK.

jester969 said:
There is no way out but borrowing a mac/hack to create Unibeast or going to store to pickup a thumbdrive from Apple and using and in-store desktop to create it.

Just as I thought. Mountain Lion it seems will only be available from the Mac App Store.

For those who wants to build a new hack in the future (when there are no more Sandy Bridge, only Ivy Bridge and later) and who have no Mac friends, won't this be a problem (especially if Apple decides in the future to stop producing the Lion USB stick)?

I might also suggest that Tony modifies the iBoot + MultiBeast page to include a warning that the procedure no longer works on an Ivy Bridge system or later, if it hasn't been done already. I have begun to see new posters here attempting to install Snow Leopard on their Ivy Bridge systems without knowing about this, like the OP.

Jamesbond007 said:
jester969 said:

Just as I thought. Mountain Lion it seems will only be available from the Mac App Store.

For those who wants to build a new hack in the future (when there are no more Sandy Bridge, only Ivy Bridge and later) and who have no Mac friends, won't this be a problem (especially if Apple decides in the future to stop producing the Lion USB stick)?

I might also suggest that Tony modifies the iBoot + MultiBeast page to include a warning that the procedure no longer works on an Ivy Bridge system or later, if it hasn't been done already. I have begun to see new posters here attempting to install Snow Leopard on their Ivy Bridge systems without knowing about this, like the OP.

We'll have to see what comes down the pipeline for this issue w/no macs. :p

Yeah, I have noticed that as well but it specifically states in the Ivy Guide it only works w/a modified Lion kernel for the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back