Graphics
MSI GTX 960 4GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am running Core i7 2600, MSI Z68A-GD80 Motherboard with MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 ti. I am using Clover to boot Yosemite 10.10.3. I have had successful install and everything worked fine except for HDMI Audio. When I installed HDMAudio 1.0 it will not boot OS x anymore. I can still boot in the OS x installer and have done so and formatted and installed OS x again but I keep getting no signal to my tv in the middle of the boot process and then the hard drive will constantly be loading until I force the pc to restart...any suggestions? Also I can't post my config file because I'm reduced to posting this from my iPhone because I can't boot up OS x on my desktop and I have searched and searched and tried many different things without asking for help so after a week of frustration with this I need some help.

I am so frustrated with this and about to give up and go back to good old windows 8.1!!!! The hell with MAC

According to your Motherboard SPECS at MSI , you need the Audio kext for Realtek ALC 892
. I use Multibeast7.3 for my Driver install and there you can find it under Drivers>Audio>Realtek ALC>892

In addition you have optional selection to choose HDAEnabler
If you have the 3 ports [5.1] Audio, you choose Audio ID.2
Otherwise [for most ] it is Audio ID.1

After selecting the above 2, choose Build >Install and try.
If clover , get these kexts using Google search, and then install in its Kext folder 10.10
I am not good at Clover as in Chimera/Chameleon

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply. I ended up giving up on it after trying day after day for a week. I had everything working fine except for audio then I did something to make it not boot so I tried reinstalling and it would boot into the installer and install then it wouldn't boot the fresh install....then for some odd reason I couldn't get it to boot anything using the exact sa,w USB HD to boot that I used for the original working install....puzzles me

i'm going to give it another try on a fresh install of 10.10.3. Hopefully this works but I still will need to get audio working through HDMI from my MSI NVidia GTX 550 Ti. Any suggestions on that anyone?

I got the hmi audio working using the HDMIAudio-1.0.kext. everything works great except for i keep getting this annoying USB Devices Disabled message that says Unplug the device using too much power to re-enable USB devices but all my USB Ports still work i just have that annoying message that won't go away... any suggestions on that ?

I still have the annoying USB notifications and for some odd reason i used to be able to boot yosemite from my internal HD (Bios set to AHCI) but now i can only boot from USB HD. Every time i try to boot from internal HD it loads forever then the screen goes off and it continues to load forever....what could cause this ?

I have everything working perfectly now after I bought I new SSD for the boot drive. I just can't figure out how to get rid of the annoying USB device drawing too much power message. When I boot verbose it says USB over current ....what can I do to fix that. The message seems pointless because all my USB ports work perfect

Hi bigd2337,

Thanks for posting this breadcrumb :) I'm also using a MSI Z68A-GD80 (G3) motherboard and am just now starting the trek to move from it being a dedicated Win7 box to a triple-booting Win10/Linux/OSX system.

I'm encouraged to see that you have Clover working on the motherboard. A couple of questions to get me moving along:

1) Can you confirm that when using Clover the OSes see you in UEFI mode?

(simplest confirmation is whether Windows allows you to install onto a GPT drive, if you've done Windows installation on yours)

I'm asking because our motherboard is old enough that it has EFI support but by default Windows sees it as a BIOS computer and we don't have full UEFI support directly from BIOS. The MSI forums replied to me that there is no way to force EFI booting on it even with latest BIOS (which is almost 3 years old now) and that I would have to install Windows on an MBR system. I haven't yet even attempted my Hackintosh setup yet as I'm trying to get Win10 cleanly installed first.

2) Did you use any specific guides on how to install Clover? I've found many, with lots of different paths to intallation, but haven't attempted any yet and none were from people who had our MB or one of its siblings. If you used a specific guide and it worked, that could save me a lot of time on getting up to speed.

If it will end up mattering, I do have an old x86-based MacBook Pro (one of the first generation I believe) that I can use for creating install media. Many of the Clover guides I'm looking at show install media being done on existing Mac installs so for that I would have to break out that old laptop.

Thanks for any pointers :)
/Geoff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back