Contribute
Register

I have to buy a motherboard with integrated Firewire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
This is my first topic in this great forum.

I seek your help to find somewhere to buy the motherboard.
I've bought an i7 2600k and i now search a mobo 1155 with integrated Firewire for a sound card.
I have read many conflicting experiences of z68 chipset mobo gigabyte for Firewire.
Some say it works some say no, some say that there are problems with sleep mode.
I am very confused and before making the purchase I wanted to ask you people of this great forum.

What mobo i can buy?
GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 or GA-Z68XP-UD3 or which one?

daton said:
This is my first topic in this great forum.

I seek your help to find somewhere to buy the motherboard.
I've bought an i7 2600k and i now search a mobo 1155 with integrated Firewire for a sound card.
I have read many conflicting experiences of z68 chipset mobo gigabyte for Firewire.
Some say it works some say no, some say that there are problems with sleep mode.
I am very confused and before making the purchase I wanted to ask you people of this great forum.

What mobo i can buy?
GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 or GA-Z68XP-UD3 or which one?
Buy the Z68X-UD3H-B3 and a working firewire card.(Search is very useful.)

Mate94 thanks for reply...

I know that there are pci firewire compatible but I do not know how to order them because I'm in Italy and Italian amazon is not provided as the American.

All you need is a TI-chipset Firewire card. If it says VIA or whatever chipset, don't buy it. Just buy a card with Texas Instrument (TI) chipset.

If you don't care about sleep/wake up, you can use the on-board FW of Giga motherboards... just don't go to sleep. Because your FW will stay asleep when you wake up your computer.

powerpcg5 said:
All you need is a TI-chipset Firewire card. If it says VIA or whatever chipset, don't buy it. Just buy a card with Texas Instrument (TI) chipset.

If you don't care about sleep/wake up, you can use the on-board FW of Giga motherboards... just don't go to sleep. Because your FW will stay asleep when you wake up your computer.

And the USB still asleep when it goes into sleep mode?
Only the FW is affected by this problem?
You can not set it in sleep mode USB and FW plugs should not turn off? Maybe you can do a simple command line
Or is there a command that must be sent back to active USB and FW

My USB are all fine after wake up. I'm using the Realtek official network drivers, wireless keyboard and mouse - and a whole bunch of other USB devices, UPS, printers, etc.

Some people who are using Apple WIRED keyboards are having USB problems, i.e. their Apple keyboard dead after sleep. My suggestion to you is don't use wired keyboards.

Maybe you can do a simple command line
If you discover the magic command line command, let us know. A lot of people think it's a DSDT issue.

powerpcg5 said:
My USB are all fine after wake up. I'm using the Realtek official network drivers, wireless keyboard and mouse - and a whole bunch of other USB devices, UPS, printers, etc.

Some people who are using Apple WIRED keyboards are having USB problems, i.e. their Apple keyboard dead after sleep. My suggestion to you is don't use wired keyboards.

Maybe you can do a simple command line
If you discover the magic command line command, let us know. A lot of people think it's a DSDT issue.

this will be right?
http://www.ebay.it/itm/190627622777?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1249wt_786

if i use an older version of snow leopard... such as 1.6.2 or 1.6 i have the same problem with the usb and fw?

Looks like it will work. It says TI chipset and they specifically advertised it for Mac too.

if i use an older version of snow leopard.
As far as I know, its a DSDT issue. So try it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back