CPU
i7-3612QM / HM76
Graphics
HD 7650M, 1366 x 768
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just bought samsung evo 870 500GB SSD, it seems that my BIOS does not have many optional settings, what is the best macOS that fit these requirements?

I just bought samsung evo 870 500GB SSD, it seems that my BIOS does not have many optional settings, what is the best macOS that fit these requirements?
please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

I succeeded installing MacOS Mojave with OpenCore Legacy support but I couldn't manage to boot from SSD. I already transferred EFI file on USB to SSD, but when i restart it couldn't read EFI from the drive. it says "Operating System Not Found". and I only able to boot with USB. thank youu

When you created the Legacy OpenCore setup on the USB, did you use the /Utilities/Legacy Boot/BootInstall_X64.tool from the OpenCore 0.7.0 (or whichever version you used). So a 'Boot' file was added to the root of the USB's EFI partition?

Screenshot 2021-06-13 at 21.03.22.png Contents of EFI partition when Legacy OpenCore boot option created.

This 'Boot' file enables your USB /EFI/OC folder to work. Without this 'Boot' file your system can't find the EFI folder or any of the sub-folders.

You need to run the BootInstall_X64.tool again, but this time point the script at the SSD not the USB. So the legacy 'Boot' file is created in the root of the EFI partition on the SSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back