Contribute
Register

I have HP envy dv6t-7300 CTO Quad Edition Notebook PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, so I had it working at one point and then I broke it by installing some other Chameleon drivers trying to get my sound and hdmi ports working. Does it hurt to install all of those sound drivers listed in unibeast? I didn't try installing any of the audio drivers listed there yet because I don't know which one would be best for my machine. I'll have to restart the process tonight after I get home from work :p

Alright, so I had it working at one point and then I broke it by installing some other Chameleon drivers trying to get my sound and hdmi ports working. Does it hurt to install all of those sound drivers listed in unibeast?

You should never install "all" of anything. I seriously doubt there is any audio drivers in Multibeast appropriate for your HP laptop. I'm pretty sure your HP has an IDT audio codec (most HP laptops seem to).

The only option in Multibeast would be VoodooHDA, but patched AppleHDA is preferable.

Holy moly. I'm looking how to patch the AppleHDA ext and it looks like it is going to take forever. Does the voodoo one work? I just need something that works. And then do you have any ideas on getting HDMI audio working with supporting a different resolution then the one that is on my laptop? ASP recognizes the nvidia and the intel GPUs but the nvidia which I'm sure the HDMI port uses has this which is horrible. No vram..:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA Chip Model
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x8
VRAM (Total): 0 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0de9
Revision ID: 0x00a1
ROM Revision: preset 1.0.0

Display:

Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 64 MB of Shared System Memory
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x0166
Revision ID: 0x0009
Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded
Displays:
Display:
Resolution: 1024 x 768
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes

Holy moly. I'm looking how to patch the AppleHDA ext and it looks like it is going to take forever. Does the voodoo one work? I just need something that works. And then do you have any ideas on getting HDMI audio working with supporting a different resolution then the one that is on my laptop?

Yes, patching AppleHDA is involved... if you have to do the entire process. Chances are someone has already done most of the work for you. Find out first what your codec id is. It is likely you can use the ProBook Installer to patch it for you.

As for HDMI audio, it only works with patched AppleHDA (from what I understand). And you will need both DSDT patches and patches to AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext to get it to work. There is an entire forum dedicated to HDMI audio. It is also likely you could use the ProBook Installer to patch the kext for you.

As for "HDMI audio resolution"... not sure what you mean by that... Are you talking about screen resolution or the audio sample rate?

ASP recognizes the nvidia and the intel GPUs but the nvidia which I'm sure the HDMI port uses has this which is horrible. No vram..:

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Your laptop has both Nvidia and Intel via "switching" (Optimus). Optimus is not supported so you will use only the HD4000. Best you can do with the nvidia is disable it in DSDT/SSDT so it doesn't use power unnecessarily.

photo.JPGThat HPRAIDinjector you made only works in safe mode. I believe this screenshot display the errors when trying to run -v only with the HPRAIDinjector installed in the ext. I haven't moved extensions around since OS 9... Sad...

I'm less excited about the hackintosh now that I know that switching doesn't work for this laptop. They have switching enabled on a lot of MacBook Pros. I know my broken backbook pro has two graphics cards... Again, I can't thank you enough for the help! There needs to be some sort of google spreadsheet or something to display all models of PCs that are compatible and what needs to be done for each.

View attachment 79261That HPRAIDinjector you made only works in safe mode. I believe this screenshot display the errors when trying to run -v only with the HPRAIDinjector installed in the ext. I haven't moved extensions around since OS 9... Sad...

Unless you are getting "still waiting for root..." the HPRAIDInjector.kext is working.

You are likely on to the "next problem"... Which appears to me to be a graphics problem. The nvidia kexts are loading (NV*, Geforce*), so you'll need to delete them.

I'm less excited about the hackintosh now that I know that switching doesn't work for this laptop. They have switching enabled on a lot of MacBook Pros. I know my broken backbook pro has two graphics cards...

PCs and Macs use different switching technology. Incompatible with each other.

There needs to be some sort of google spreadsheet or something to display all models of PCs that are compatible and what needs to be done for each.

Impossible. The universe of possible PC configurations/models is vast.

Would you know if the USB 3 GenericUSBXHCI.kext works in a Mac VM with VMworksation 10?

Would you know if the USB 3 GenericUSBXHCI.kext works in a Mac VM with VMworksation 10?

Don't know... Never have run OS X in a VM. Installing in a VM is not supported here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back