Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> I have 3 questions about Hackintosh please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your answer

@jpz4085 says iMac17,1 is fine and you mentioned iMac18,1
What is the best option for my config, especially since I want to move to ventura when the final version is released

As a sub-question I read in the dortania guide that not using the appropriate smbios for my config can cause cpu and power management issues. So does my use of iMac18.1, for example, cause me this kind of problem?
none as your geforce is not supported, sorry!

Thank you for the clarification. @P1LGRIM above chose HfsPlus.efi and you tell me to choose OpenHfsPlus.efi I'm confused which one to choose
HfsPlus.efi is Apple closed source driver. The binary file is provided in OpenCore companion package but not with OpenCore itself.
OpenHfsPlus.efi is… an open source HFS driver, so it could still be distributed together with OpenCore even if Apple's legal department were to send out "unfriendly" letters over the redistribution of HfsPlus.efi.

For now, unless you're concerned about open source "purity", you may just use HfsPlus.efi, which performs better.

Default or a specific model will provide a measure of security but it's up to you.

You should be fine and that's what I use on my Haswell machine to run Monterey. Power and CPU related issues should be avoidable as long as you don't do something like use a desktop SMBIOS on a laptop.

To clarify my previous post you can use iMac17,1 to run Monterey or a later one such as iMac18,1 suggested by @Feartech to run Ventura.
Thank you very much for your answer and clarification again

HfsPlus.efi is Apple closed source driver. The binary file is provided in OpenCore companion package but not with OpenCore itself.
OpenHfsPlus.efi is… an open source HFS driver, so it could still be distributed together with OpenCore even if Apple's legal department were to send out "unfriendly" letters over the redistribution of HfsPlus.efi.

For now, unless you're concerned about open source "purity", you may just use HfsPlus.efi, which performs better.

Thank you very much for your answer and clarification
I chose HfsPlus.efi after your recommendation

In this case, what do you suggest to me? Should I keep my current iMac 18.3 in order to migrate to Ventura in the future without problems?
if you swap out your nvidia card then you can upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back