Contribute
Register

I had Yosemite with Chimera and accidentally installed Clover. Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-X79-UP4
CPU
i7 4820k 3.7
Graphics
EVGA | GTX760
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Trouble booting with Chameleon after computer spec ID change, "No Kernel Cache File"

So it seems I've done something stupid by accident (I'll be first to admit it). I installed clover by accident while already using chimera on Yosemite. I dont have the recovery USB either. Eek! Now every time I restart the clover boot comes up and cant get past frozen apple screen, any suggestions? Is there a fix for this or am I screwed?

Using GIGABYTE GA-X79-UP4 motherboard
Intel i7 4820k
GTX 760

So it seems I've done something stupid by accident (I'll be first to admit it). I installed clover by accident while already using chimera on Yosemite. I dont have the recovery USB either. Eek! Now every time I restart the clover boot comes up and cant get past frozen apple screen, any suggestions? Is there a fix for this or am I screwed?

Using GIGABYTE GA-X79-UP4 motherboard
Intel i7 4820k
GTX 760

No clone backup?
No USB UniBeast installer?
No recovery USB booter?

Try adding verbose boot to clover boot-args and see where the boot is hanging.

No clone backup?
No USB UniBeast installer?
No recovery USB booter?

Try adding verbose boot to clover boot-args and see where the boot is hanging.

No, unfortunately I didn't realize this would happen! Here's what comes up in verbose mode before it either hangs at the apple logo or restarts:

IMG_5976.jpg

Looks like you lost TSCSync kext or it is not loading - at least, it says the CPU is failing synch twice before it calls CPU Panic.

Looks like you lost TSCSync kext or it is not loading - at least, it says the CPU is failing synch twice before it calls CPU Panic.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I'm thinking I could get back in if have a USB recovery from chimera right?

Any ideas on how to fix this? I'm thinking I could get back in if have a USB recovery from chimera right?

I also tried with the yosemite unibeast USB i had to remake on my real macbook and now I get stuck on this:

IMG_5979.JPG

I also tried with the yosemite unibeast USB i had to remake on my real macbook and now I get stuck on this:
Is your UniBeast USB Clover boot or Chimera boot?
If Clover, add VoodooTSCSynch.kext for your cores (6 or 8) and NullCPU to the kexts folder for Yosemite and reboot with it.

Binaries patching menu, kernel cache check box worked for me to boot usb was not needed after install.

Trouble booting with Chameleon after computer spec ID change, "No Kernel Cache File"

Is your UniBeast USB Clover boot or Chimera boot?
If Clover, add VoodooTSCSynch.kext for your cores (6 or 8) and NullCPU to the kexts folder for Yosemite and reboot with it.

Its Chimera, I seem to have gotten back into my computer for a couple days until I tried to tweak something in Chameleon like the computer specs and now I get this screen where it stays stuck at with my recovery USB? I unplugged all USB ports except keyboard and USB recovery.

IMG_6007.jpg

This is what comes up when I try to boot with harddrive using Chameleon "Cant find mach_kernel":
IMG_6008.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back