Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI B250m Pro Opt Boost
CPU
i3 7350K
Graphics
RX 560
My hackintosh has been running great ever since I built it a few months ago.

I mainly use it for audio, and I have a MSI 250 GTS NVIDIA 1 GB card and I'm on 10.6.4.

I recently took the Cinebench test and noticed that I was getting really low results on the open GL test and I read that something may have happened with 10.6.4 which affects some NVIDIA cards.

I bought Left 4 Dead 2 yesterday from Steam, and was only getting around 20FPS in the game.

I've been using the "graphicsenabler = yes" string and the NVIDIAenabler 64.kext method.

I removed both of those things and I tried the DSDT method instead and now I get around 60FPS in Left 4 Dead and also way higher results on the Open GL Cinebench test.

So if anybody is having trouble with their NVIDIA card with low performance, then I suggest that they try the DSDT route. It worked great for me.

Could you please post a quick tutorial on how you did it, or point to the resource?

Cheers!

speeding_ant said:
Could you please post a quick tutorial on how you did it, or point to the resource?

Cheers!

Sure.

I don't know much about programming or anything about DSDT at all, but I know how to copy and paste stuff.

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/01/ ... phics.html
:D

Just make sure that you have a back up of any files before you alter or remove them, so if anything doesn't work right, then you can always revert to the original setup.

Thanks for posting the tip. Just wondering what your before and after scores were for cinebench?

zafar9999 said:
Thanks for posting the tip. Just wondering what your before and after scores were for cinebench?

Before, I was getting the laughable score of 7.59

And after, I'm getting 24.57

Also, another added benefit is that the startup is quicker, since the nvidiaenabler kext doesn't need to do it's thing at startup anymore.

I wonder if there's any point in me doing it then. I get 31fps in cinebench with my card, but I'm just using a hex string in boot.plist. I didn't make your HDMI work did it?

Cheers

speeding_ant said:
I wonder if there's any point in me doing it then. I get 31fps in cinebench with my card, but I'm just using a hex string in boot.plist. I didn't make your HDMI work did it?

Cheers

I don't have HDMI on my card, I have two DVI outs.

You're probably right, I wouldn't do it either, if I were you, as you don't seem to have any performance issues with your card.

Have you got an TV with an HDMI port on it? If so, care to test if it works?

Thanks a lot!

speeding_ant said:
Have you got an TV with an HDMI port on it? If so, care to test if it works?

Thanks a lot!

My monitor has both DVI and HDMI inputs, but I don't have any DVI>HDMI adapter. I connect the hackintosh to the monitor, DVI to DVI.

Thanks for the response MacManiac!

With a GTX 275 + i7 950 OC'd, I was getting about 8 when using iMac smbios. With Mac Pro and graphics enabler i was getting 20-23. With NVenabler 64 i was getting around the same. I edited my pci information into a few of the nvidia kext's and added a hex string to my boot.plist and used nvenabler and now i'm getting around 26. I'll try it without NVenabler and then try it using the method you used and see the benefits :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back