Graphics
GTX 650
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello, All!!

I've been a lurker for a little over a year. I decided to "enter the game" last week when I purchased a GA-Z97X-SOC, an i7-4790K, and other pieces. This will be my first PC build of any kind. Over the past two weeks I've bookmarked every series 9 thread I can find. As a lurker, I've learned that the roadblocks are in the different chipsets on any board. I've already made note of the different chipsets on the board I mentioned above. HD4600, i217V, and ALC1150.

I'm not sure what to hope for. On one hand I want smooth sailing, but on the other hand it would be nice to encounter some resistance in an effort to help out those that will need help that come in after me. I have the entire summer off, so I figured I would go with bleeding-edge hardware knowing I'll have the time to tinker. The 4790K is due to hit my door this coming Thursday. I'll have everything else here waiting for it.

I'm looking forward to reporting some sort of progress toward the end of the week!

Wish me luck! :)

Good Luck! I will be watching your thread with great interest!

I had planned on getting a Z87 with i7 4770K, but didn't have the money to buy it (my other passion in car detailing took over the last few months...another stupidly expensive hobby!!) so now have decided to go for the Z97 and either 4690K or 4790K...have yet to decide if I really need the hyper threading!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back