Contribute
Register

I dream of an awesome customac without problems, advice !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello all. Here is a build focused around the i7 860 and the Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2V mainboard (which oddly enough, haven't heard to much about on this forum). Can anyone spot any weak links or potential disasters or maybe something that would cause a sleepless night or 2 trying to get this thing configured properly? :|

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=15456812

I really appreciate any input or advice on parts or things I should change. I want to make this as smooth as possible (not afraid to tinker though!) And... if someone does recommend a different board, could you please explain why? Thanks!

L1N3ARX said:
Hello all. Here is a build focused around the i7 860 and the Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2V mainboard (which oddly enough, haven't heard to much about on this forum). Can anyone spot any weak links or potential disasters or maybe something that would cause a sleepless night or 2 trying to get this thing configured properly? :|

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=15456812

I really appreciate any input or advice on parts or things I should change. I want to make this as smooth as possible (not afraid to tinker though!) And... if someone does recommend a different board, could you please explain why? Thanks!
My build is optimal. I's fast, all audio works without pops and plops, without freezes or lags, only 4 non-vanilla-kexts. With a DSDT from tony's DB.

L1N3ARX said:
what's your build? Is it similar to mine?
    .....................................∇

... sorry I don't speak german.. what kind of board do you have? Do you have the i7 860?

Check his signature.
â— GA-P55A-UD3 â— Intel Core i7 860 â— 8 GB 1600 Mhz â— GeForce GT 430 â— OnBoard ALC888 â—
â— PCI RTL8139 â— SSD 120 GB OCZ Vertex 2, 1 TB WD10EARS, 2x 500 GB WD5000AAKS â— PIONEER DVR-218L â—
â— TripleBoot (Snow Leopard 10.6.6, Ubuntu 10.10, W7 Ultimate) â— Hackintosh since Nov. 2009 â—

geekvinu said:
Check his signature.
â— GA-P55A-UD3 â— Intel Core i7 860 â— 8 GB 1600 Mhz â— GeForce GT 430 â— OnBoard ALC888 â—
â— PCI RTL8139 â— SSD 120 GB OCZ Vertex 2, 1 TB WD10EARS, 2x 500 GB WD5000AAKS â— PIONEER DVR-218L â—
â— TripleBoot (Snow Leopard 10.6.6, Ubuntu 10.10, W7 Ultimate) â— Hackintosh since Nov. 2009 â—
Thanks man ;)

In a Hackintosh H55 and H57 are unnecessary because they support the integrated graphics card in Intels processors BUT Mac OS X dont support that card. H5 and H57 often in mATX and Mini-ITX motherboards.

Get a motherboard that has integrated USB3.

GeForce 9800 is a old graphics card. You could maybe get a newer card that supports DirectX11 and OpenGL4.1 like the 400 series? I dont know what card that is supported in that series exept 430 but that is a budget card. Search in this forum and look for revires that compare 400 series card and 9800.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back