Contribute
Register

I Desperately Need Your Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well... I got it to boot but I've lost the video. I've tried several choices in the clover config but no joy.

Well... I got it to boot but I've lost the video. I've tried several choices in the clover config but no joy.
Try nv_disable=1

Use the cursor arrows to go to Options tab and then Boot Arg add it there.

I have this in Option Boot Args: dart=0_

Do I hit space after the _ and add? If so that did not work. The Apple logo appears on a black screen and the progress bar shows loading. It reaches about 60% and disappeared and never gets to desktop.

Trying this makes it freeze at about 65% dart=0 nv_disable=1

An easier way to set this boot argument, for a single use, is to press the Spacebar while you are on the Clover boot screen. This will bring up a sub menu that contains the nv-disable=1 boot argument. See screenshot below of sub-menu in question:

screenshot9.png 'Spacebar' sub-menu available from Clover boot screen.

It also contains a number of other useful boot arguments, when troubleshooting boot issues:

Verbose -v (displays text showing what is happening as the system boots)
Safe Mode -x (boots the system with a minimal set of drivers)
Use Nvidia Web drivers nvda_drv-1 (tells macOS to use the Nvidia web drivers) this one might be really useful!
Keep Sysmbols on panic keepsyms=1 (used along with verbose to stop the system info disappearing the KP occurs)
Don't reboot on panic debug=0x100 (used with verbose to stop the system automatically rebooting after KP)

Until you get your system working correctly you might be advised to use these boot arguments along side dart=0

-v keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 nvda_drv=1

Yes there is a space between each boot argument.

An easier way to set this boot argument, for a single use, is to press the Spacebar while you are on the Clover boot screen. This will bring up a sub menu that contains the nv-disable=1 boot argument. See screenshot below of sub-menu in question:

View attachment 542248 'Spacebar' sub-menu available from Clover boot screen.

It also contains a number of other useful boot arguments, when troubleshooting boot issues:

Verbose -v (displays text showing what is happening as the system boots)
Safe Mode -x (boots the system with a minimal set of drivers)
Use Nvidia Web drivers nvda_drv-1 (tells macOS to use the Nvidia web drivers) this one might be really useful!
Keep Sysmbols on panic keepsyms=1 (used along with verbose to stop the system info disappearing the KP occurs)
Don't reboot on panic debug=0x100 (used with verbose to stop the system automatically rebooting after KP)

Until you get your system working correctly you might be advised to use these boot arguments along side dart=0

-v keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 nvda_drv=1

Yes there is a space between each boot argument.
Did not work either.

Not sure what I did (yet) but I got it to boot and I have video Via the web driver. I’ve never had to type any of the arguments before an after trying enough it jut worked. Voodo tech?

Thanks everyone for your time, help and input. Hopefully this saga is over

Using the clover boot menu is a ONE TIME boot setup. You need to add them to your config.plist for them to be used in the future.

I give up. Maybe it’s the full moon but it’s hanging again sigh…

Update - No matter what arguments I inserted and tried, and after taking the box to a person who has hella' more knowledge than I re: Hackintosh / Windows and he could not make it work either, I gave up and it's now living happily as a screaming Win10 machine and I'm looking forward to the new Mac MiniPro or possibly the rumored MacStudio that may be revealed this Tues.

Thanks again for everyone's input.
Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back