Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> I can't install Catalina (ACPI Error)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you able to boot Mojave? If so, you can test if nvram is working by doing this:

sudo nvram TestVar=HelloWorld;
reboot
sudo nvram -p | grep HelloWorld

If you see 'TestVar HelloWorld' then your BIOS nvram is working. If you don't see it then you'll have to add EmuVariableUefi and 'Install RC scripts on target volume' via Clover.

Did you set the BIOS setings to this:
  • VT-d = Off
  • Fast Boot = On
  • Secure Boot = Disabled (you have to clear out any existing keys to disable secure boot)
  • CSM = Disabled

Did you set the BIOS setings to this:
  • VT-d = Off
  • Fast Boot = On
  • Secure Boot = Disabled (you have to clear out any existing keys to disable secure boot)
  • CSM = Disabled

In my BIOS only VT-d = On, I need it on because I using Android Emulator.

I can't boot mojave too.

I never got installation on this motherboard, to install mojave I needed to install it in another computer.
I will try the same steps and report here.

Thanks.

Turn off VT-d for now (you can turn it back on after Mojave/Catalina boots up successfully) but I think you might have BIOS misconfigured which is preventing you from installing Mojave/Catalina. Try setting BIOS to factory default and follow the BIOS settings above. Are you using UniBeast?

I load defaults settings.
If I try boot old Mojave I have the log virtual SMC module is broken

Attachments

• 15729061252701536430201941672907.jpg
    15729061252701536430201941672907.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 86
I load defaults settings.
If I try boot old Mojave I have the log virtual SMC module is broken

That's because VirtualSMC.kext is on Mojave's /Library/Extensions folder. Try mounting the Mojave drive to another computer and delete that file and other kexts in /L/E that you added as well.

Otherwise replace the FakeSMC with VirtualSMC in your Clover EFI so you can access /L/E folder and make the appropriate changes to FakeSMC.

I install EmuVariable and put FakeSMC instead Virtual SMC.
Now I have this error

Attachments

• 15729082335778249171748503509652.jpg
    15729082335778249171748503509652.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 84
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back