Graphics
Radeon HD 6850 1GB
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I cant get to the ML install. Ive made the unibeast file from appstore purchase and then boot to that USB drive. I've tried GraphicsEnabler=No, -v, and -x. Nothing seems to work. I also removed my video card and connected straight to the onboard graphics.. Still no luck. Removed all my additional ram, and removed all usb devices other than mouse and USB unibeast drive.. Still no luck. I manage to get to a blank screen with just my mouse if I keep my gpu installed. If I go onboard memory with GraphicsEnabler=No, the Apple logo screen loads forever and eventually gets a 0 with a / through it over top of the apple logo (see pics). Any idea what to do? Here are some pictures of what I see:
imgur: the simple image sharer
imgur: the simple image sharer

try changing the USB port of the UniBeast drive.. Make sure you're using the USB2.0 ports and not the USB 3 ones.. Also, ports on the back of your system are better..

Don't ask me why, but that's worked for me before..

I am in the same boat with the same board. 6870 is my GPU, I can boot to the Lion installer just fine, but the ML hangs at a white screen, or if i do GraphicsEnabler=No a white screen with a mouse cursor. So frustrating....

There's a thread on this forum that tells how to get around the problems with 68xx based graphics cards. Basically you remove a certain kext for the install, then put it back later.

I cant get to the ML install. Ive made the unibeast file from appstore purchase and then boot to that USB drive. I've tried GraphicsEnabler=No, -v, and -x. Nothing seems to work. I also removed my video card and connected straight to the onboard graphics.. Still no luck. Removed all my additional ram, and removed all usb devices other than mouse and USB unibeast drive.. Still no luck. I manage to get to a blank screen with just my mouse if I keep my gpu installed. If I go onboard memory with GraphicsEnabler=No, the Apple logo screen loads forever and eventually gets a 0 with a / through it over top of the apple logo (see pics). Any idea what to do? Here are some pictures of what I see: .....

You can see a error Message?? Wow i can´t see a error message.
I use a Z68x-UD3H-B3 with a GF 8600GT. I have change it to the HD3000 GPU and the installer reboot my System.

Ram: 16GB DDR3 ( changed to 4GB )
CPU: intel i5
USB 3: off

Lion 10.7.5 and Snow Server 10.6.8 works fine without errors.

I can´t see a Message. Please Help me please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back