Motherboard
Gigabyte Z270X-UD5
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX1060, RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac mini
I am so dead confusing how to use with Clover on Big Sur to create a BootLoader.
I read the forum and I am so dead confusing. I really do not what to do.
Tonymacx86 have not release a bootloader to install Big Sur.
The informations that I try to gathered are fragmented.
I did not get a complete picture as to how to go about doing things.

How to install the Clover is so dead confusing.
Quirks is so dead confusing and comparing with Open Core.

I wonder does anyone of you here have a problem accessing to the Bios settings with Open Core.
OpenCore is still under beta. They keep changing with every release.
We get use to Clover with TonyMac bootloader. Why can't they make things so simpler.

I get so confuse I do not know what to do with Z270 motherboard.

The plist editor that comes with it does not work with Big Sur 11.1.

You need to write a proper guide. It's not step by step.

I am so dead confusing how to use with Clover on Big Sur to create a BootLoader.

I wonder does anyone of you here have a problem accessing to the Bios settings with Open Core.
We get use to Clover with TonyMac bootloader. Why can't they make things so simpler.

Nothing confusing about OpenCore at all if you take your time and read the instructions - Getting Started→

If you are new to it I would agree, it is confusing, when I attempted my 1st Hackintosh back in 2015 I knew nothing about macOS and/or Hackintosh, I bought and built my PC from parts listed on this website with the intention of creating a Hackintosh. After weeks of trying to get it to work I gave up and installed windows.

After a few months of windows I decided to give it another go, I followed a guide to install clover (I can't remember what guide) I found I knew so little that at every step I was consulting google (what's an EFI partition? what's a kext? What's GUID? etc etc) After a few more weeks I finally got El Capitan running on my main PC.

Since then I've upgraded my main PC to Catalina using clover and then a clean install of Big Sur using opencore, I’ve turned my Windows laptop into a Hack running Catalina. Both run very reliably and probably 98% as a real Mac would run.

It is a challenge in the beginning, a lot of reading, re-reading and googling might (will) be needed but you will get there in the end.

To me it was quite a difficult, but rewarding, journey (the 1st time the installer booted after weeks of trying was amazing :headbang:)

I now feel fairly confident that given a bit of time (maybe days, not weeks anymore:)) I could get macOS to run on anything (if the components are compatible)

I must say I did find my latest install of Big Sur using opencore the easiest.

Good luck to you, I hope you persevere and get the rewards!

Last edited:

I have had bios access issues with open core versus clover. Especially on Haswell systems. Reset CMOS and or remove/unplug drives to get to bios is a pain. I also felt the pain of OC moving items around or removing them etc.. in the beginning it was a real pain but lately the Dortania Guide covers most issues and there are several good utilities to check configurations. Sanity Checker, Corpnewt has a plist side by side checker script along with Propertree. Open Core Configurator (Mackie) has come a long way and less corruption occurs. When open core came out it was hailed as a lightweight streamlined booter but as more is added it is ironically turning into CloverII. Before you really had to have very compatible hardware and it booted real fast, now it seems to be open to many more options and boots a bit slower.

Clover has been abandoned by most of the top developers so it seems only Slice is working on it for Big Sur. It’s not ready from what I have seen to be used as a all-in-one tool yet. It’s too bad because clover gives you so many ways to edit your boot parameters in an easy format menu. I had to get Open Core figured out and after spending many hours, days, weeks and months using it it now makes sense. I hope clover can get cleaned up for Big Sur use it is still very beta at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back