Motherboard
Asrock B75M-GL R2.0
CPU
i7 3770
Graphics
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Alright, I am new to this and I have some questions.
First, can I run Mountain Lion on my PC?
Here is my system:
CPU: Intel Q8200
Motherboard: Asus P5KPL-CM
RAM: 4 GB
GPU: ATI Radeon HD5850
HDD: 500 GB
(I am planning to get an upgrade on 10/24)
Second how much space I need on my HDD for Mountain Lion.
Third can I dual boot with windows 7?
And if I can run Mountain Lion, can you refer me to guides on how to install it?

If you need more information about my system, ask!
Thanks in advance! :D
EDIT:
I have another question, installation guide says to purchase and download Mountain Lion from the app store, but I don't have the app store..
SECOND EDIT:
I found this guide but I am not sure if it's any good:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1RUEACa-GQ
can someone tell me if it is good?
and this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBC8yAKTtMw

Hello,

Here is some answer that I do know:

First, can I run Mountain Lion on my PC? <-- I don't know you have to install mountain lion on it to know..

CPU: Intel Q8200 <-- you need to install mountain lion on it to know... <-- maybe someone else who have sucessfully installed mountain lion on that cpu will tell you...
Motherboard: Asus P5KPL-CM <-- you need to install mountain lion on it to know...
RAM: 4 GB <-- 4 gig ram is fine
GPU: ATI Radeon HD5850 <-- you need to find driver for this but most like it should be ok ... but if you have nvidia video card it's better..for mac.
HDD: 500 GB <-- yes 500 gig is fine.
Second how much space I need on my HDD for Mountain Lion. <-- with all the basic software + OS ... you need at least 30 gig but 60 gig is recommend that's if you don't plan to install Final Cut which require 100 gig hd...

Third can I dual boot with windows 7? <--- yes but you can't do it using unibeast, you would have to to use other software OR learn to how to do MBR patch ....to your MLion usb installation. You are on your own for learning how to do that. But the important thing is: You must make yoru 1st partition is MAC and your 2nd or 3rd or 4th partiton etc.. windows 7 is ok . And Windows 7 can only install on MBR (master boot record) partition table scheme. ....it's tough and you would need 2 other software EasyBCD and ERD disk commander to modify your MBR.. (I don't think you understand what i just say ...so good luck )

And if I can run Mountain Lion, can you refer me to guides on how to install it? <-- there are plenty of guide on the net .. and even youtube for video. But I would say for your BASE minimum requirement knowledge :

http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

That guide is ok it work for "most people , not All" people other wise you wouldn't see so so SO many people in here having problem with installation. Even though some of there were hackintosh 10.6 and 10.7 ...user which mean they already KNOW how to Install MAC on pc. Yet they can't install Mountain Lion on the "SAME" pc. That should tell you the dificulty of installation.

Depend on your knowledge it might even take you 1 month to create a usb installation Mac 10.8.2 that's if you don't have access to a REAL mac or a WOrking Hackintosh already :( ....

Alright, I am new to this and I have some questions.
First, can I run Mountain Lion on my PC?
Here is my system:
CPU: Intel Q8200
Motherboard: Asus P5KPL-CM
RAM: 4 GB
GPU: ATI Radeon HD5850
HDD: 500 GB
Second how much space I need on my HDD for Mountain Lion.
Third can I dual boot with windows 7?
And if I can run Mountain Lion, can you refer me to guides on how to install it?

If you need more information about my system, ask!
Thanks in advance! :D
The are people here using that board. The search function, top right is your friend, search for "Asus P5KPL-CM"
4 GB ram is fine. Others have had success with the 5850, again use search. A complete install of ML is approx. 10GB. Dual booting is very easy using 2 hard drives and that's the recommenced way to do so, it can be done with one drive if you chose, search for the guide. Look here for install instructions: http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

EDIT: Using the search function you will get accurate info from people that have used your hardware, it will also prevent useless "you'll have to try it" type post. Luck with it...

The are people here using that board. The search function, top right is your friend, search for "Asus P5KPL-CM"
4 GB ram is fine. Others have had success with the 5850, again use search. A complete install of ML is approx. 10GB. Dual booting is very easy using 2 hard drives and that's the recommenced way to do so, it can be done with one drive if you chose, search for the guide. Look here for install instructions: http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

EDIT: Using the search function you will get accurate info from people that have used your hardware, it will also prevent useless "you'll have to try it" type post. Luck with it...
I have my HDD splited to C:\ drive and D:\ drive, can I use it to dual boot?

I have my HDD splited to C:\ drive and D:\ drive, can I use it to dual boot?

If you already have windows instaled, what version? XP? Win7?

You will need your windows install DVD and the install DVDs of any other windows programs you have installed because you will have to completely reformat your hard drive before instaling OS X and re-installing windows. You can not install OS X on a drive already with windows installed unless you formatted the hard drive with GUID partition tables before you installed windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back