Contribute
Register

I am having a couple of issues with trackpad, resolution and battery management

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I did a clean install, followed the post install insturctions, but the same issues arrise, only this time the audio and usb isn't working too.

Make sure BIOS is up-to-date.
Make sure BIOS settings are correct (refer to the guide).
Do EC reset.

Your ioreg shows layout-id=6... that is for ALC286.
But your ioreg shows you have ALC280 (you should verify via Linux audio codec dump or by looking at Windows Device Manager).

ALC280 uses layout-id=4... (requires different SSDT setup).
The 1020 G1 Broadwell has ALC286. If you look at the source for the model specific SSDT you should be able to modify it for your model (to use ALC280 files instead).

Note: It looks like you have USB disabled... but your computer will probably need a different USB setup than the 1020 anyway.

Last edited:
Make sure BIOS is up-to-date.
Make sure BIOS settings are correct (refer to the guide).
Do EC reset.

Your ioreg shows layout-id=6... that is for ALC286.
But your ioreg shows you have ALC280 (you should verify via Linux audio codec dump or by looking at Windows Device Manager).

ALC280 uses layout-id=4... (requires different SSDT setup).
The 1020 G1 Broadwell has ALC286. If you look at the source for the model specific SSDT you should be able to modify it for your model (to use ALC280 files instead).

Note: It looks like you have USB disabled... but your computer will probably need a different USB setup than the 1020 anyway.

I really appreciate all the help.. Am I right in thinking I would go to ~/Projects/probook.git/hotpatch and edit the SSDT-1020-G1-Broadwell.dsl with

Code:
// SSDT for EliteBook Folio 1020 G1 (Broadwell)
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "1020g1b", 0)
{
#include "SSDT-RMCF.asl"
#include "SSDT-RP05_DGFX_RDSS.asl"
#include "SSDT-HACK.asl"
#include "include/layout4_HDEF.asl"
#include "include/layout4_HDAU.asl"
//#include "include/standard_PS2K.asl"
External(_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, DeviceObj)
Scope (_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K)
{
// overrides for VoodooPS2 configuration...
Name(RMCF, Package()
{
#include "include/standard_PS2K_data.asl"
#include "include/enable_mouse.asl"
})
}
#include "SSDT-KEY87.asl"
#include "SSDT-USB-1020-G1.asl"
#include "SSDT-XHC.asl"
#include "SSDT-BATT-G2.asl"
#include "include/disable_EH01.asl"
}
//EOF

Re-run the command:
Code:
./install_acpi.sh install_1020g1_broadwell
then patch the hda kext with a ALC280 version?

edit: I tried the above, and stil doesn't seem to be working, I have attached the debug information

Attachments

• debug_25720.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 43
Last edited:
I really appreciate all the help.. Am I right in thinking I would go to ~/Projects/probook.git/hotpatch and edit the SSDT-1020-G1-Broadwell.dsl with

Code:
// SSDT for EliteBook Folio 1020 G1 (Broadwell)
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "1020g1b", 0)
{
#include "SSDT-RMCF.asl"
#include "SSDT-RP05_DGFX_RDSS.asl"
#include "SSDT-HACK.asl"
#include "include/layout4_HDEF.asl"
#include "include/layout4_HDAU.asl"
//#include "include/standard_PS2K.asl"
External(_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, DeviceObj)
Scope (_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K)
{
// overrides for VoodooPS2 configuration...
Name(RMCF, Package()
{
#include "include/standard_PS2K_data.asl"
#include "include/enable_mouse.asl"
})
}
#include "SSDT-KEY87.asl"
#include "SSDT-USB-1020-G1.asl"
#include "SSDT-XHC.asl"
#include "SSDT-BATT-G2.asl"
#include "include/disable_EH01.asl"
}
//EOF

Re-run the command:
Code:
./install_acpi.sh install_1020g1_broadwell

Looks good.

then patch the hda kext with a ALC280 version?

Nothing required there. All layouts/codecs are in the *.zml.zlib files that are placed AppleHDA's Resources directory.

edit: I tried the above, and stil doesn't seem to be working, I have attached the debug information

Need also correct patches for ALC280 in your config.plist. You have the patches for ALC286.

Looks good.

Nothing required there. All layouts/codecs are in the *.zml.zlib files that are placed AppleHDA's Resources directory.

Need also correct patches for ALC280 in your config.plist. You have the patches for ALC286.

Hi, I updated the patches, but I'm still getting no I/O devices.

Attachments

• debug_10660.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 49
Hi, I updated the patches, but I'm still getting no I/O devices.

Problem is obvious from your kextcache output... you installed a corrupt AppleHDA.kext:
Code:
kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:
kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController]:    _gAudioStackDebugFlags
Link failed (error code 5).
Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController; omitting from prelinked kernel.

Run the macOS installer to restore your system files to vanilla.

Problem is obvious from your kextcache output... you installed a corrupt AppleHDA.kext:
Code:
kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:
kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController]:    _gAudioStackDebugFlags
Link failed (error code 5).
Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController; omitting from prelinked kernel.

Run the macOS installer to restore your system files to vanilla.

Done as followed but still no I/O devices.

Edit: Done a live boot to ubuntu, got my codecs and I'm not using that version I am using ALC3228, but I checked the repo and there doesn't seem to be any ones for them, should I patch that version with hda patcher?

Edit 2: All of a sudden the sound is working, I've not changed anything since the last edit, could it have been some cache? Because there's no option to bootup with no cache on my clover :/ Anyway, at least the audio is working...

Regarding my resolution, what do you think could be wrong? It's showing 2 options 1600x900 and 1344x756

Attachments

• debug_4781.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 48
  • codec_0.txt
    3 KB · Views: 92
  • codec_1.txt
    11.3 KB · Views: 93
  • lsmod.txt
    146.2 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Edit 2: All of a sudden the sound is working, I've not changed anything since the last edit, could it have been some cache? Because there's no option to bootup with no cache on my clover :/ Anyway, at least the audio is working...

My version of Clover has an option for boot without caches.

Regarding my resolution, what do you think could be wrong? It's showing 2 options 1600x900 and 1344x756

Why do you think it is wrong?
You can add custom resolutions with a display override file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back