Contribute
Register

HWSensors Kabylake CPU Temp

Status
Not open for further replies.

The thread was taken down, I had the same issue trying to get the temp to work on kabylake with fakeSMC but crashes luckily I had backup the original working kexts and use USB to boot and fix it.

May I know how to fix it?

download the HWSensors.6.25.1426 dmg, then use kextbeast to install the all the kext files including FakeSMC.kext to L/E, and reboot

download the HWSensors.6.25.1426 dmg, then use kextbeast to install the all the kext files including FakeSMC.kext to L/E, and reboot

I did that previously with multibeast to intall fake SMC.

which FakeSMC should i use? could you attach the file right file for me here? thank you.

what is L/E ?

Library / Extension?

To follow-up, has Kaby Lake support been added to FakeSMC and CPUSensors.kext yet?

I have a fresh install of macOS 10.13.4 and want to monitor my CPU temperature but don't want to risk an upbootable drive as others have previously reported in 2017 with Kaby Lake and those kexts.

@RehabMan has FakeSMC and CPUSensors.kext both been updated to support Kaby Lake yet? I saw the most recent commit on github was 12 days ago, but I didn't see any notes related to it. Thanks for any light you can shed!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back