Contribute
Register

Huge News! Gigabyte UEFI Sleep/Wake with NO DSDT! [TESTING]

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a DSDT for this board in the database. Should I still not use one?

I believe it was posted as a fix for the audio, but it seems the multibeast drivers now work properly. At the moment, I'm not aware of any reason to need the dsdt (unless you want to do something like get audio over HDMI... I think that still requires dsdt edits—and, presumably, a dsdt to edit).

If your going with a 2500k then go with a z68 motherboard from gigabyte. You will have better luck with that.

Motherboards that have dsdt's are much more supported (Better). DSDT's make boards easier to deal with it. So yea if your going Sandy Bridge Z68 > Z77 for compatibility.

I would personally buy this one, but there are many more to choose from.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00518 ... cx86com-20

scottphillips88 said:
silkysmooth said:
If your going with a 2500k then go with a z68 motherboard from gigabyte. You will have better luck with that.

Hmmm good to know. I was literally hitting check out as you posted that... Won't the z68 need DSDT and be harder to deal with then these new Z77 boards? Or is it easier because everything has already been developed? Thanks so much.

I'm using Z77-DS3H and it's rock stable with 2500k, no dsdt.

"Down the road" will be just a few weeks from now, and Z77 works great today with SB, especially the Gigabyte boards.

scottphillips88 said:
i5 2500K, Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3 on the way! I already have an OCZ 120GB SSD, Antec Case, 8GB DDR3 ram, and 4 2TB drives! Now to borrow a friends laptop and get my Unibeast drive done. Oh the adventures that await....

Let us know how it goes! I'm hoping to get my order placed next week. Fingers crossed.

scottphillips88 said:
DELETED just read all 37 pages and answered my own question. Can't hardly sleep I'm so excited for tomorrow. Apple keynote and my first hackint0sh. Christmas in June for me! :headbang: :headbang:

I am so interested in what Ivy Bridge CPU information from the 2012 WWDC this week.

10am PDT west coast time is when the WWDC starts, it would be so clutch if Z77 motherboard and Ivy Bridge test setups like tonymacx86 evaluated

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=59000

can be the new Hackintosh standard.

Are their any Z77 mATX mobo's that don't require a DSDT or should I go with a Z68 mATX?

I am considering all my options. Would love to do SB-E if well supported or maybe IB, Decisions decisions.

I am building my first (dedicated) Hackintosh. I've installed Hackintosh on a bunch of my gaming PC's but they have never been fully compatible.

crawlgsx said:
Are their any Z77 mATX mobo's that don't require a DSDT or should I go with a Z68 mATX?

I am considering all my options. Would love to do SB-E if well supported or maybe IB, Decisions decisions.

I am building my first (dedicated) Hackintosh. I've installed Hackintosh on a bunch of my gaming PC's but they have never been fully compatible.

all the answers are waiting for you on previous pages of this topic...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back