Contribute
Register

Huge News! Gigabyte UEFI Sleep/Wake with NO DSDT! [TESTING]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Step 1 above found nothing on my hackintosh AND nothing on my macbook (both running 10.7). I figured it was a 10.6 thing that was depreciated in Lion? Will have to see...

axsnetworks said:
These step did nothing to my build, where you able to get the acceleration for the drop down menu in launchpad, and the rest of animations????
thanks in advance
Launchpad animation was laggy before, I did not get the Dashboard ripple, there were tearing artifacts when dragging windows, VLC quit when trying to play videos. The AppleIntelHD3000 kext (don't remember the name exactly) was not loaded by the system.

After the command line procedure and a reboot I have a very nice fluid Launchpad, Dashboard ripple, windows drag nicely, and VLC plays videos! Not with sound, but I hope to fix that tonight. QuickTime still does not play anything due to the audio issue. The AppleIntelHD3000 kext was now loaded automatically by the system.

I also have selected Mac Mini in MultiBeast. This was done with no DSDT, and no EasyBeast and no UserDSDT checked.

Zsolt

Hi all,

Motherboard: GA-Z77-DS3H, CPU: Ivy Bridge i5 3570k, HD: OCZ 120go

Working:
- Lion on 10.7.3 (Installed successfull with Unibeast) UserDSDT
- Ivy Bridge CPU (patched with BridgeHelper 3.0)
- Network with atheros in multibeast
- Analogic Sound : after testing milions of possibilities working only with package ALC887FILES.zip (HDAEnabler888b.kext, ALC887HDA.kext, AppleHDA.kext) installed w/ Kextbeast / Reboot
but sound seems to be a poor quality ... i'll test it well tomorow

Not Working:
- Power Management (not booting on modified kernel without NullCPUPowerManagement)
- Numeric Sound on HDMI (i'll search for it)
- Hd 4000 (no kext...) anyone get precisions for the date of Mac Pro with Ivy Bridge?

Thanx guys

nioyco said:
Hi all,

Motherboard: GA-Z77-DS3H, CPU: Ivy Bridge i5 3570k, HD: OCZ 120go

Working:
- Lion on 10.7.3 (Installed successfull with Unibeast) UserDSDT
- Ivy Bridge CPU (patched with BridgeHelper 3.0)
- Network with atheros in multibeast
- Analogic Sound : after testing milions of possibilities working only with package ALC887FILES.zip (HDAEnabler888b.kext, ALC887HDA.kext, AppleHDA.kext) installed w/ Kextbeast / Reboot
but sound seems to be a poor quality ... i'll test it well tomorow

Not Working:
- Power Management (not booting on modified kernel without NullCPUPowerManagement)
- Numeric Sound on HDMI (i'll search for it)
- Hd 4000 (no kext...) anyone get precisions for the date of Mac Pro with Ivy Bridge?

Thanx guys
HD4000 and probably the HDMI Audio will work when Apple release the Macs and the guys find out how to get it working on Hacks. :p

axsnetworks said:
Step 5:
*Very important* Enjoy :D
Than you Axsnetworks for the clear instructions. Once I performed the steps, and without rebooting, I immediately got audio working. Then after reboot the audio did not work anymore. I'm gonna start with a clean install and try this again.

Zsolt

psydafke said:
caching said:
axsnetworks said:
USB3 ports are working on my build, they only work at USB2 speeds, but they work perfectly...
on another note, is it normal to have the intel graphics go so slow? it seems that the animations on the launchpad and menus, go really slow and choppy, but if I place a Nvidia Quadro FX370 card in the build, it seems to work perfectly... am I missing a KEXT for the hd3000???
thanks in advance

Does this mean we would not get USB 3 working with full speed on Mac? Thanks.

----------\\\\

Ah! stupid question, Apple is not supporting USB 3 yet. Sorry guys. :mrgreen:
Normally you should be able to put a USB3 Lacie card in a MacPro, and using their drivers you'll have USB3.

Thanks for the information. However, what I want is to make the motherboard build-in USB3 ports working with full speed, which seems to be not possible at the moment.

First Time post...looking to help test

Good evening all (or morning depending on world location)!

I apologize in advance for this long(ish) post. This is my first post and I've been lurking and reading for a few months now. My interest in hackintosh started because I want to give my mother a computer with Mac OS X to match (and cooperate with) her other iDevices. I was looking for a method I could help her do over the phone that wouldn't wipe with updates/etc. Then along comes these Z77 Gigabyte boards. It was convenient that I was already planning an update to Ivy Bridge myself (I had Core2Duo!). I purchased the GA-Z77-DDS3H after seeing it should work well with no DSDT. I want to know how to help testing if I can. I have Lion 10.7.3 working using Unibeast USB drive install. I have it dual booted with a UEFI install of Windows 7 professional 64 (another story all together) and 2 separate hard drives.

With Multibeast I selected
User DSDT (none loaded but box checked)
No audio currently checked
3rd party sata
Graphics Nvidia 4xx
Atheros LAN
system definition mac pro 3,1 (for nvidia drivers)

...and it works quite well...no issues so far. I can experiment as needed unless there is nothing I can help. I will deal with audio as I read more, but Nvidia drivers including HDMI video out work great. The comptuer wakes/sleeps with no issue thus far. I will be upgrading to an IB with HD4000 when native support arrives. My ultimate goal is to have a mini-ITX PC for my mother and I want to do what I can help the process even though this is a relatively new realm for myself. Thank you for reading and sorry again for length.

axsnetworks said:
Hello Again
Easy to follow steps to have Audio working:
step 1:
with the Unibeast USB key install lion

step 2:
Copy the ALC887HDA.kext file to /System/Library/Extensions/
Open the Terminal and type:
cd /System/Library/Extensions/
Type the following commands at the terminal:
sudo chmod -R 755 ALC887HDA.kext
sudo chown -R root:wheel ALC887HDA.kext

Step 3:
Launch Multibeast 4.3.2 and select the following:
*UserDSDT install: without any dsdt in the desktop
*AppleHDA rolback & ALC887/888b
*maolj's AtherosL1cEthernet

Step4:
select in the system preferences/sound, the first audio line-out port for sound effects and output

Step 5:
*Very important* Enjoy :D

*this is only for Gigabyte Z77-DS3H/ H77-DS3H*
OK, it seems the guys from tonymac have made things a little easier for all of us...
with the new release of multibeast (or happymeal, as I like to call it) they have simplified the audio installation:
now all you need to select are the following:
*ALC8XXHDA, NON-DSDT HDA enabler (ALC887/888b) & Patched AppleHDA (ALC887/888b)

Easy to follow steps to have Audio working:
step 1:
With the Unibeast USB key, install lion

Step 2:
Launch Multibeast 4.4 and select the following:
*ALC8XXHDA, NON-DSDT HDA enabler (ALC887/888b) & Patched AppleHDA (ALC887/888b)
Reboot

Step3:
select in the system preferences/sound, the first audio line-out port for sound effects and output

Step 4:
*Very important* Enjoy

*this is only for Gigabyte Z77-DS3H/ H77-DS3H*

I got sound with the previous method (ALC887HDA.kext) but I will try this one.

Did you finally got QE/CL working? I have the same issue as you below :
axsnetworks said:
1. Open Terminal and type
sudo -s
fill password
then type

defaults read /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver GLCompositor

2. If you have QE/CI enabled, there will be like this:

{ tileHeight = 256; tileWidth = 256; }

but if don't maybe QE/CI not yet enable…

3. Do this to enabling QE/CI

defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver GLCompositor -dict tileHeight -int 256 tileWidth -int 256

4. Restart machine and do some tests to check QE/CI

These step did nothing to my build, where you able to get the acceleration for the drop down menu in launchpad, and the rest of animations????
thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back