i7 6700K
Graphics
GTX980
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
macOS Sierra
GTX980
i7 6700K

html5 not working for Netflix. seems ok in Youtube though. For whatever reason netflix keeps on prompting to install silverlight. This sucks because I want to use picture in picture with the pidepiper extension from GitHub. Has anyone else seen this problem
? this is what the picture in picture icon should look like in netflix... (the one most left next to the question mark) got this screenshot from my MacBook pro so it should work on my Hackintosh but its not.
Screen Shot 5.png

Last edited:
html5 not working for Netflix. seems ok in Youtube though. For whatever reason netflix keeps on prompting to install silverlight. This sucks because I want to use picture in picture with the pidepiper extension from GitHub. Has anyone else seen this problem
? this is what the picture in picture icon should look like in netflix... (the one most left next to the question mark) got this screenshot from my MacBook pro so it should work on my mackintosh but its not.View attachment 231512

I had this problem with Netflix in Sierra. But works fine in El Capitan. Think its a Sierra problem. But this problem only seems to be with Intel HD Graphics i tested with HD 3000, 4000, 4600 and the problem persists With dedicated Graphics its a very different story.

I had this problem with Netflix in Sierra. But works fine in El Capitan. Think its a Sierra problem. But this problem only seems to be with Intel HD Graphics i tested with HD 3000, 4000, 4600 and the problem persists With dedicated Graphics its a very different story.

Im running sierra maybe thats why. Also I have a gtx980 video card. Its so strange that PIP works in Youtube but not in Netflix. Only on the Hackintosh this problem exists, PIP works fine on my MacBook Pro Mid 2015 running sierra

Im running sierra maybe thats why. Also I have a gtx980 video card. Its so strange that PIP works in Youtube but not in Netflix. Only on the Hackintosh this problem exists, PIP works fine on my MacBook Pro Mid 2015 running sierra

Does it work okay with you're GTX 980? Or does the problem still persist?

Still persists with the GTX980.

Maybe install El Capitan on a test drive see if the problem persist. But I'm certain that the problem is in 10.12 in general.

Did you get this working? I'm having this issue (prompt to install silverlight) on a Mac Pro with a GTX card. Silverlight plugin fails. Netflix works in Firefox.

For me Netfix does not work at all in Safari (on 10.12.6) - Im not being asked to install Silverlight, just getting a error:
S7381-1204

The error seems to be related to the HTML5 player, I've also encountered other errors indicating a DRM issue. Shiki and Lilu is installed and I can play DRM HD movies from iTunes.

Kaby Lake Hackintosh with GTX 1080 Ti eGPU.

hi guys. same issue here.
i was used to play netflix with safari with no issue with my 980 ti using sierra 10.12.6 (and previous)
now i am on high sierra with vega amd 64 and using netflix with safari i have black screen with green artifacts on the top.

I'm on high sierra with hd630 and I get the following error:
Error Code: S7381-1204

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back