Contribute
Register

HS & Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 on-board wifi not friends...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 5
CPU
i7 8700k
Graphics
MSI Armor GTX1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
So I have a successfull install running on my machine with this MB (Spec Sheet: http://www.gigabyte.us/Motherboard/Z370-AORUS-Gaming-5-rev-10#sp )

It seems the BT is working fine but the wifi chip doesn't want to play nice with HS... here is the specific wifi chip:
  • Intel® 1x1 802.11ac Wireless – AC 3165
Wondering what any of the seasoned Hacksters would suggest as a solid replacement on this board. I am running dual boot with windows, if I pull the onboard card and replace it with something else Id like it work well on both OS systems and would love it if I could get Airdrop and other useless mac features working moderately easily with a suggested replacement card as well lol. I believe I saw somewhere that someone did remove the wifi card after removing some of the "armor" on the board and that it was an m.2 connection? Haven't pulled mine apart to verify but either way just thought Id see if there is any good suggestions/advice the forum could add. Also maybe anyone could advice weather they believe this current card could somehow/someday be recognized by MacOS/HS.

Cheers gents.

Last edited:
Additionally I run a high end/high speed router and modem so wondering if i should just make my life a bit easier and buy this:

(https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TQEX7AQ/?tag=tonymacx86com-20)

from the buyers guide as it seems to be the fastest adapter available as I do game on the windows side of things and if it works with HS why not...

Thoughts?

First and foremost,
Intel Wireless is UNSUPPORTED in any hackintosh due to absence of kext or driver from Intel.

You have 2 options
1. Buy Broadcom BCM94352Z-M-2-NGFF card from ebay and replace the one fitted on your motherboard. But you will have to remove the stupid Aorus housing covering the card. The wireless card itself will again be in it's own mini housing and you simply unscrew it and replace it with the above compatible card. To make it work, you need 3 kexts in clover/kexts/other folder (FakePCIID, BRCMwifi and BRCMPatch). Then you need to apply 5Ghz patch using clover configurator in kext patches section.
Pros:
  • Works very well when set up
  • Saves 1 PCI card slot as well as 1 USB 2.0 header.
  • Motherboard will look clean because card will be hidden away under the Gigabyte's ugly abomination plastic cover.
Cons:
  • Not plug and play and you require those 3 kexts and 5Ghz patch to make it work
  • Kexts and Patches may break in future macOS updates
  • Installation will take 5-10 mins with those tiny Philips screws and all.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Broadcom-B...109656&hash=item3abf65141b:g:q2wAAOSw1DtXGd2c

2. Buy Broadcom BCM943602CS + PCIe Adapter
Pros:
  • It is plug and play and works OOTB (Be careful as there are reports of fakes which do not work at all)
  • It may not pose significant challenge with future macOS updates and should continue to work OOTB.
  • Fast installation. Just plug it into motherboard and you're done.
Cons:
  • It will take 1 USB 2.0 header of your motherboard for Bluetooth connection
  • It may not look great if you want to stare at those fancy Aorus lights. Basically spoils the clean looks.
  • Takes 1 PCIe slot
https://www.ebay.com/itm/BCM943602C...045249?hash=item3d176d5141:g:FL4AAOSwOyJX5Kc6

The buying links are just 2 min googling and I cannot guarantee whether the cards posted in those links are genuine or fake. You do your own searches on ebay, aliexpress to get them after reading the reviews.
Which of the two is faster/has better features ie BT 5ghz multiband? Not seeing too much info regarding these features. The pcie States 1600mbs. The plug n play is nice and if I can leave stock in force Windows n use this for OS I’m not too worried about the slot/appearance. Cheers n thanks

It seems the BT is working fine
I have the same chip on my Aurus Z370 Gaming Wifi... How did you manage to make bluetooth work? Mine is only getting detected half of the times.. It can also not search other bt devices... Any help? HIGH SIERRA BTW

I have the same chip on my Aurus Z370 Gaming Wifi... How did you manage to make bluetooth work? Mine is only getting detected half of the times.. It can also not search other bt devices... Any help? HIGH SIERRA BTW

It just works most of the time, make sure you have the antenna screwed on.

First and foremost,
Intel Wireless is UNSUPPORTED in any hackintosh due to absence of kext or driver from Intel.

You have 2 options

2. Buy Broadcom BCM943602CS + PCIe Adapter

You might have to remove the other card either way. I have:

http://www.osxwifi.com/apple-broadc...-bluetooth-4-0-with-adapter-for-pc-hackintosh

I was looking for a way to disable it but I guess it is going to have to be removed, to get the BT portion of the Broadcom wifi card working. Since I could not find a way to turn it off in the bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back