CPU
i7-2700k
Graphics
MSI 1080Z
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello there!

Today i was trying to install HS and something goes wrong...
This is first release since 10.8 when i cant reach installation.
I have 2 flash usb sticks (was created today) with 10.12.6 and 10.13.2.
Classic procedure for both: dl installer from appstore -> unibeast -> trying to boot.

Sierra was reach installer flawlesly like always. No single problem, lovely version.
High Sierra won't. Its just stoping somthing about 3/4 progress bar. In verbose mode there is no panic. Just stop at all.
And i have no idea whats goes wrong...

UPD_1: Updating clover bring no changes
UPD_2: Getting USB Ownership and USB injection in PCI clover settings bring no changes
UPD_3: Trying another distributive from internet (10.3.1) - still no luck
UPD_4: Disabling some kexts from clover (all except fakesmc) - stucking in the same place.

Its so strange - i have no problem with unibeast-created base configs with el cap and sierra...

Attachments

• photo_2018-01-19_20-52-56.jpg
    photo_2018-01-19_20-52-56.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Hello there!

Today i was trying to install HS and something goes wrong...
This is first release since 10.8 when i cant reach installation.
I have 2 flash usb sticks (was created today) with 10.12.6 and 10.13.2.
Classic procedure for both: dl installer from appstore -> unibeast -> trying to boot.

Sierra was reach installer flawlesly like always. No single problem, lovely version.
High Sierra won't. Its just stoping somthing about 3/4 progress bar. In verbose mode there is no panic. Just stop at all.
And i have no idea whats goes wrong...

UPD_1: Updating clover bring no changes
UPD_2: Getting USB Ownership and USB injection in PCI clover settings bring no changes
UPD_3: Trying another distributive from internet (10.3.1) - still no luck
UPD_4: Disabling some kexts from clover (all except fakesmc) - stucking in the same place.

Its so strange - i have no problem with unibeast-created base configs with el cap and sierra...

Have you figured this out? I have a Sandisk 32GB USB 2.0 in a 2.0 port. How did you get the verbose mode?

I am having the same issue. First get an apple logo for about 10 seconds, then a progress bar that moves ok at first but then very slow to a stop a little past half way. Then a pinwheel that eventually grinds to a halt also.

Have you figured this out? I have a Sandisk 32GB USB 2.0 in a 2.0 port. How did you get the verbose mode?

I am having the same issue. First get an apple logo for about 10 seconds, then a progress bar that moves ok at first but then very slow to a stop a little past half way. Then a pinwheel that eventually grinds to a halt also.
Nope, i still didn't solve it.
To verbose mode u need to push space on installer usb in clover, not enter, and mark verbose in menu.

To verbose mode u need to push space on installer usb in clover, not enter, and mark verbose in menu.

Thank You! I am working on it too and will let you know if I make any progress.

I got mine working and installed. I have a desktop and am now working on MultiBeast choices.

I disabled OnBoard video in BIOS.

When I hit space on Clover screen as you suggested ;) I noticed that - Set Nvidia to VESA (nv-disable=1 - was checked. From previous config I knew nv-disable=0 was correct. So I unchecked it.

I checked -v

I then selected continue booting with chosen parameters. It worked fine!

I got mine working and installed. I have a desktop and am now working on MultiBeast choices.

I disabled OnBoard video in BIOS.

When I hit space on Clover screen as you suggested ;) I noticed that - Set Nvidia to VESA (nv-disable=1 - was checked. From previous config I knew nv-disable=0 was correct. So I unchecked it.

I checked -v

I then selected continue booting with chosen parameters. It worked fine!
My congrats!
Hmmm... my bios can't disable OnBoard video completely, only choose what to use in priority, and it always set to PEG.
As long as I remember about nv-disable - it was always checked for me in previously versions OS.
Anyway, i found some interesting things in another forums and will try it today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back