Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> HS dies after disk full and restart - black screen after reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t see why you couldn’t mount it. Maybe Sata to USB adapter? Plug it into another computer? Is there something I’m missing? (Of course other than if you don’t have another computer to use)

When you update Clover it saves a copy of your /EFI folder to the system disk in /EFI-Backups.
Perhaps if you have previously updated Clover you may be able to recover your /EFI.

I didn't update clover, I have hack from 4 months, and to much work to risk system fault.. So I didn't touch anything after installation and configuration.

I don’t see why you couldn’t mount it. Maybe Sata to USB adapter? Plug it into another computer? Is there something I’m missing? (Of course other than if you don’t have another computer to use)

Problem was that I had errors in partition map on osx ssd, and that's why I was unable to mount EFI partition and read it. I used sata-usb adapter to connect it to pc with windows, and I used many programs like DiskDrill, MacDrive, etc., nothing was able to mount it. But...

Firstly, I installed APFS for Windows by Paragon to read system partition and copy files from desktop and other important folders that I haven't got in last time machine copy.
Secondly, after no success with many programs, I used... diskpart in CMD to mount osx EFI partition in windows and, guess what - it works :) To open that partition I used Explorer++ in admin mode. I copied EFI folder from ssd to pendrive with unibootx clover.
Thirdly, I have time machine copy of system drive, made after installation and configuration, with all programs, drivers and kexts.

I ran clover from pendrive -> osx installation from other pendrive -> used disk tools to format osx ssd -> back to main installation menu and choose "restore system from time machine". Recovery process goes fine. I didn't even have to install clean osx and after that load TM system copy, I just recover system from TM to empty drive.

After reboot (from pendrive) system is working ok. I have everything installed and configured, just like in moment when I made TM copy. I don't need to install anything. So, it is great. Last thing was copying EFI from pendrive to ssd efi partition and add new start logs to bios in Clover Boot Options. That's all.

I see it don't need any 3rd party apps to do copy of working system and restore it easly in future even in hack. Just simple time machine copy of entire system partition, and copy of EFI folder from efi partition on pendrive. Thats all. It was great that I had time machine copy, I had made it once just for test how it works, and now that copy saved many time for me.

Great ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back