Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z77A-G43
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
GTX 1060
Hi!

I was using my pc with high sierra normally, everything was working ok. Yesterday I was working in premiere pro at hudge project, tens of hours without reboot. Premiere pro is making some files on system drive while working, and yesterday I got alert "low disk space". I checked This Mac and I had 4GB free space, normally I have 30-40GB, so I turn off premiere pro to free disk space that the program used (files are removing automatically after program shut down). After turning off premiere, HS system was still lagging so I rebooted it, but after reboot I had black screen. Even clover is not starting. I see start screen with pc info and disks, but after that is nothing, black screen. I have pendrive with clover and clover config to boot in emergency situations, I used it, but if I have ssd with OSX HS mounted, clover from pendrive is also not starting, same situation, black screen. If I unmount ssd with osx from my motherboard, I can normally run clover from pendrive, but of course I cannot boot without disk in my pc. If I mount ssd with osx back to mb, both clover from pendrive and osx drive are not starting. So I think I somehow damaged osx ssd disk when I restarted it by pc case button reset when it was full of premiere pro dump files. What it could happen? What can I do?

I have other SSD with windows 10, I can mount it and run windows normally, so I can run windows and mount ssd with osx by external case via usb (I will have this external case in 2-3 hours in my home so then I will check if osx ssd is working at all). Is there any program to check osx ssd disk integrity and volumes? What can I do under windws to check and/or repeair osx ssd and system on it?

Please help :(

-------
System specs:
i7 3770
Z77A-G43
16 gigs of ram
ssd with osx samsung 840 120GB via sata3
2x HDD 3TB each via sata3
GTX1060 6GB
High Sierra 10.13.6
Clover 4617

As i said, when I unmount ssd with osx, and mount in the same place other ssd with windows 10 (via the same cables), pc works fine, so it is not hardware problem with my pc, maybe just with osx ssd, I will check it today with external case.

Last edited:
Did you happen to update macOS or the NVIDIA Web Drivers recently?

I'm sure that I turned off updates for macOS. I did it right after installation to avoid unwanted problems. In nvidia control panel maybe I had updates turned on for drivers, but... even if so, why I can't run clover? Clover don't use webdrivers to work. Why I can't even run clover from pendrive, if osx ssd is mounted to motherboard? Why can I run it when I unmount osx ssd? If drivers destroys system, it should not start, but clover should.

I checked ssd, mounted to pc with windows 10 via usb, cristaldiskinfo says it has good condition, I can read smart, I will try to copy important files via MacDrive app and after that to repeair it on other mac pc via Disk Utility -> Help. I will be grateful for other ideas what to do.

Done. Specs are in first post as well.

No one?

I checked ssd, it is working, files are there. There is problem with partition map, is there any program that I can use under windows to repeair partitions on osx ssd?

I ran clover from pendrive, HS installation from second pendrive, mounted osx ssd via usb, it's seeing that drive, but when I want to use First Aid I have that problem:

mac1.jpg

what means in english: "Partition map contains errors, that can cause problems with system start".
Above that: "To repeair start volumin, run first aid from recovery partition."

I cannot run recovery partition, I can only run installation from pendrive. But even if I run it from pendrive, first aid don't want to repeair start volume... Why?

You can try recovering your files and then wiping the drive and reinstalling.

This is not a solution. It's a hack. I spend a lot of time configuring it. I can recover files from system partition, but not from EFI partition. Because of partition map problem I cannot mount it in any way to read it. I need to get my config.plist and kexts, I don't want to do everything from scratch. I have time machine copy of system partition, old, but better that than nothing. This copy don't contain EFI files.

Anyway, format and new installation is last thing I wanna do. I want to try repeair partition map first, files are ok, partitions are there, just don't know how to fix it and by what program under windows :/

Guys, I have simple question: IS THERE ANY PROGRAM that can fix osx drive partition map under windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back