Contribute
Register

HP Z600 still waiting for root device after update (even itunes update)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Auros Pro
CPU
i5 9600K
Graphics
GT640
HP Z600 problems (SOLVED) +Z400 Instruction

I am working in a HP Z600 (specs in my profile), time ago i have a Z400 working without problem (no updated) and now i get a double cpu Z600 and try to mount a system.
In order to get drives accesibles i had to mount LegacyAppleAHCIPortIntelICHx.kext in the unibeast USB, once installed Yosemite 10.10.1, I run Multibeast with the same dsdt of The Z400, but i have to install AHCIPortInjector.kext in the end was running ok.

After 10.10.4 update i got the "Still Waiting for root device", i try to reinstall same kexts but no success, i solved installing IOPCIFamily, AppleACPIPlatform,AppleAHCIPort coming from 10.10.1 install. Running ok after some fight

The weird thing is when i finish I run the itunes update, the system began to "Still waiting...." and did not boot and aplying kexts or multibeast do not solve it.

Now I am installed from scratch 10.10 to 10.10.4 to AppStore update (itunes) and then run Multibeast and rest of kexts, ended with success but:

Can someone explain me what happened?

Can i be sure that the system is stable enough to install programs o other updates?

Could this improve if i use a dsdt for this system? and how to get it, i am not a developer.

The sound is not working but solved with an usb (Audio Controller 82801JI 8086 3a3e)

Thanks for your support

Confirmed, after a fresh new install after running Multibeast and add kexts the system was running, i repair permissions with disk utility and reboot without problem. Then i update iTunes and when reboot Still waiting for root device

And I could not fixed

Anyone??

HP Z600 problems (SOLVED) +Z400 Instruction

After some fight i can answer myself

I finish installing two system Z600 and Z400 with same method

Install Yosemite with an installer, i my case Unibeast with LegacyAppleAHCIPortIntelICHx.kext load with kexwizard.

Install Chameleon with chameleon wizard, I mounted in the Z600 only Yosemite and in the Z400 Yosemite and Windows7, so select installation method Boot0 in Z600 and Boot0hfs in Z400

Configure org.chameleon.Boot.plist with ChameleonWizard with this items checked:
Gui
Legacy Logo
Use Kernel Cache
Ethernet Built
Restart Fix
Private Cata
Generate P-State
Generate C-State
HDA Enabler
HDEF LauoutID 01000
kext-dev-mode=1

​Instal five kext attached with kexwizard
AHCIPortInjector_v1.0.0_Micky1979
FakeSMC_v6.16.1372_netkas
IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector_v1.0.0_Micky1979
NullCPUPowerManagement_v1.0.0d2_tgwbd
VoodooHDA_v2.87

Delete AppleHPET.kext of System/Library/Extensions to activate USB ports

I use two Graphic Cards GT640 (GraphicEnabler=No) GT210 (GraphicEnabler=Yes) in Chameleonwizard

In Z600 i use a SSD disk so i activate Trim with the terminal instructions, easy to find

Both systems seem to run perfect

Can I change anything to get more clean installations?

Attachments

• kextxs Z600 Z400.zip
    376 KB · Views: 105
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back